Pioneer 13 code

D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You want me to send you a fuel injector wire kit for free?
Click here and give me your address - https://hondasxs.com/conversations/add?to=hondasxs

92F01868 6B91 47AA BE7F 9FBEF4673194

Reactions: JenElio and ChadD
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that there is a full troubleshooting post in here somewhere that I used to find the problem a year or so ago. It takes you through the process of checking the injectors themselves and the goes on to explain the procedure to check all of way back to the ECU. I found the posts. Now if I can just get them to insert correctly…
9DEBF986 16DD 450B 816E 03BF8017EA16
7DD0126A 150F 443D 93FF 567280B7F7ED
9DEBF986 16DD 450B 816E 03BF8017EA16

D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that there is a full troubleshooting post in here somewhere that I used to find the problem a year or so ago. It takes you through the process of checking the injectors themselves and the goes on to explain the procedure to check all of way back to the ECU. I found the posts. Now if I can just get them to insert correctly…View attachment 320509View attachment 320508View attachment 320509
Thank you so much! I went through this before changing the plug, but I will do it again and see if anything has changed.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In reality, a broken wire could be anywhere in the harness. Most common ,however seems to be near the injectors. If you go through the trouble shooting guide again and still have a fault, you might try replacing the entire wire from the injector connector to the ECU connector. There is supposed to be a way to pull the pins/sockets out of the connectors. This type of trouble shooting is a PITA, but eventually the problem will be found. If you take it to a Honda dealer, I understand that they’ll want to replace the entire wiring harness.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I tried to research why it works in start but not run.
Mostly looking into the wire harness layout.
I know there is a power cutoff for certain items like the head lights and tail lights.
I would assume it may cut power to a few other items as well when in the start position.
This could explain why it runs there and not in the run position.
However its a can of worms and I am unable to track anything down.
Looks like there are both positive and negative triggers that have a play on the inhibitor and starter relay.

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and ChadD
D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that there is a full troubleshooting post in here somewhere that I used to find the problem a year or so ago. It takes you through the process of checking the injectors themselves and the goes on to explain the procedure to check all of way back to the ECU. I found the posts. Now if I can just get them to insert correctly…View attachment 320509View attachment 320508View attachment 320509
Do you know how to reset the DCM?
I know there is a power cutoff for certain items like the head lights and tail lights.
I would assume it may cut power to a few other items as well when in the start position.
Looks like there are both positive and negative triggers that have a play on the inhibitor and starter relay.
It definitely has me scratching my head. Both injectors have between 11.8-12.2 ohms of resistance. Both signal wires have continuity all the way back to ECM. Both plugs have battery voltage at Red wire and ground with key on.

Reactions: ChadD
D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It definitely has me scratching my head. Both injectors have between 11.8-12.2 ohms of resistance. Both signal wires have continuity all the way back to ECU. Both plugs have battery voltage at Red wire and ground with key on. I guess I need to try and find a ECU to barrow to eliminate that as a possibility.

advertisement
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am not a schematic guru like some of these guys, but you said.
I just thought it was odd that it will run fine in start position but not run. I made up a disconnect to take power from the starter and it is fine until I let the switch go to run.
So, you are saying it will stay running, like normal, with starter not spinning because of your disconnect, with the key in the start position?
By some weird chance is the fuel pump ONLY getting power when the key is in the start position? When you turn the key on, do you here the fuel pump running?
Have a good day

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and Ohio4x4
D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you know how to reset the DCM?
I am not a schematic guru like some of these guys, but you said.

So, you are saying it will stay running, like normal, with starter not spinning because of your disconnect, with the key in the start position?
By some weird chance is the fuel pump ONLY getting power when the key is in the start position? When you turn the key on, do you here the fuel pump running?
Have a good day
The fuel pump does run when the key is turned from off to run.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ok
It runs and idles as normal, with the key in the start position, but not the run position.
The fuel pump is working, and your injector wires are ok.
You got air, you got fuel, that only leaves spark.
So, someone with mad schematic wizardry is gonna have to trace down where/how the power gets to the coils and when. Gut feeling is that something munched a wire from the ignition switch run position.
Have a good day

D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok
It runs and idles as normal, with the key in the start position, but not the run position.
The fuel pump is working, and your injector wires are ok.
You got air, you got fuel, that only leaves spark.
So, someone with mad schematic wizardry is gonna have to trace down where/how the power gets to the coils and when. Gut feeling is that something munched a wire from the ignition switch run position.
Have a good day
Do you know how to reset the ECU?

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have never needed to myself.
Researching google, this forum, and other forums.....
I did read over on a Talon Forum.
https://www.talonsxsforums.com/threads/electrical-problems-causing-engine-not-to-start.1740/
The second poster said.
"The first thing I would do is disconnect both battery leads and hold the positive and negative leads together for at least 30 seconds to discharge the capacitors and force a hard computer reset."
I have also read about unhooking the batteries, turn on the key, and stepping on the brake pedal for 30 seconds.
So, with the information found, and not knowing the CORRECT/BOOK way,
This is how I would do it. It is at least a safe way, that you won't burn something up.
.........Edit to add, unhook the negative cables FIRST
1) Unhook ALL battery cables from primary and secondary batteries.
2) Turn on ignition key, and hold down brake pedal for 30 seconds.
3) Hold together positive and negative battery cables for 30 seconds.
4) Turn off ignition key.
5) Connect positive cables, then connect negative cables.
Have a good day

Reactions: Smitty335
D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have installed new harnesses for injectors, switched injectors to opposite cylinders, and installed new fuel pump assembly. Anyone have any other ideas? I removed injectors and they both spray well when engine cranks. Engine still runs 3-5 and stalls.

Reactions: Buggyman and ChadD
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you confirm the dash is no longer flashing the 13 code?
Have you checked all your underhood fuses?
Do you have a wiring diagram or manual to check operation of the ignition switch?

D

Downeyd24

Feb 6, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you confirm the dash is no longer flashing the 13 code?
Have you checked all your underhood fuses?
Do you have a wiring diagram or manual to check operation of the ignition switch?
The dash does still flash code 13. All the fuses are good and I did find a diagram and checked switch operation. I am really at a loss.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!