P500 Pioneer 1st Armored Division

C

Chooglin

Just ordered the EZ Steer power steering from SuperATV, $559 with the discount...cha ching!
Btw, the discount code is RZRFORUM for anything under $400 and RZRFORUM1 for anything over $400.
Congrats..........I knew you would buy it sooner or later.

No interest in the new W.E. shocks ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats..........I knew you would buy it sooner or later.

No interest in the new W.E. shocks ?

Yeah, you always ask yourself after 'did I really need it'? o_O Cranking on that wheel a couple weeks ago to turn around on a tight trail, I kinda decided then. I do have interest in those shocks, just don't want to be the first to try them. That's a lot of coin too!
I either have to get over adding sh** to this machine or start digging real deep.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, you always ask yourself after 'did I really need it'? o_O Cranking on that wheel a couple weeks ago to turn around on a tight trail, I kinda decided then. I do have interest in those shocks, just don't want to be the first to try them. That's a lot of coin too!
I either have to get over adding sh** to this machine or start digging real deep.
Yup they are steep! I have a hard time spending that for shocks on my P1K5.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500

Hey Trigger, you don't have to worry about what it costs........... you have a TANK!

Tank

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I know how you feel , it's rediculous the amount of money you can put into one of these things.........you have to admit though , it is fun to mod/accessorize them!

I'm addicted to accessorizing this thing, that's my dilemma now, running out of stuff to do to it. I've said that I was done a few times but...pretty quick here, I really will be. :(

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Tracking says that the EZ Steer and the Pro Armor harnesses should both be here tomorrow. Don't think I'll mess with the power steering until Sunday but wouldn't mind having those harnesses in for Saturday in St Helen. Hoping I can come up with an easy install idea once I get them.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Tracking says that the EZ Steer and the Pro Armor harnesses should both be here tomorrow. Don't think I'll mess with the power steering until Sunday but wouldn't mind having those harnesses in for Saturday in St Helen. Hoping I can come up with an easy install idea once I get them.
Too bad I don't live closer! You and I could knock that sucker out before Saturday for sure!

Reactions: sharp and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Too bad I don't live closer! You and I could knock that sucker out before Saturday for sure!

Thanks Remmy! I saw Jackals post and what he did, looks like he fabbed something for the shoulder straps to bolt to. I have an idea of what I want to do but have to have those brackets in hand to be sure. Either way, both will be on for the bridge ride. ;)

Reactions: sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks Remmy! I saw Jackals post and what he did, looks like he fabbed something for the shoulder straps to bolt to. I have an idea of what I want to do but have to have those brackets in hand to be sure. Either way, both will be on for the bridge ride. ;)
Sounds like a plan! Let me know if you need anything like a small welder to borrow, I can bring it Saturday.

Reactions: sharp and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got the power steering all bolted up today. Routed the wires to the back and made it inside the toolbox but not to the power block, I'll have to add on. The photos that they send along in the instructions are wrong, show the motor upside down. Can't wait to power it up and check it out though.
Went for the first ride yesterday with the harnesses, and they definitely work. They keep you from leaning forward to reach things, like the e brake lever. Found myself riding with only the lapbelt most of the time. I did climb a pretty good hill though and was glad I had it on then, strapped in tight.
Speaking of climbing that hill...it was fairly steep and all sand and had a turn at the top between two trees. Saw a P1 that didn't make it up a couple months ago, mainly due to the trees, and another P5 tried a couple of times before me.
Old Ironsides, like a trusty horse, kicked and clawed its way up and over! Unbelievable! This machine has never failed at anything I've asked of it and exceeds my expectations all the time. I can't see ever parting with this rig.

P.S. That P1 blew up it several times no problem after I made it, lol!

EZ Steer EZ

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got the power steering all bolted up today. Routed the wires to the back and made it inside the toolbox but not to the power block, I'll have to add on. The photos that they send along in the instructions are wrong, show the motor upside down. Can't wait to power it up and check it out though.
Went for the first ride yesterday with the harnesses, and they definitely work. They keep you from leaning forward to reach things, like the e brake lever. Found myself riding with only the lapbelt most of the time. I did climb a pretty good hill though and was glad I had it on then, strapped in tight.
Speaking of climbing that hill...it was fairly steep and all sand and had a turn at the top between two trees. Saw a P1 that didn't make it up a couple months ago, mainly due to the trees, and another P5 tried a couple of times before me.
Old Ironsides, like a trusty horse, kicked and clawed its way up and over! Unbelievable! This machine has never failed at anything I've asked of it and exceeds my expectations all the time. I can't see ever parting with this rig.

View attachment 51743 View attachment 51744
Thanks for the props there buddy! Sorry I hit the wrong button when recording your hill run. Pissed me off!!!! Will get her next time.;)

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

View attachment 51743 View attachment 51744
That unit is a lot smaller than I was imagining. No installation hammer needed?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!