rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
This is the plan...1/4" steel bent to fit inside the bed and another piece outside of it to sandwich the rail. Two bolts go down through the bed and through the rack, it's pretty stout. Made a mock up out of cardboard for fitment, doesn't stick up much more than the box rails and can still see the factory tail light. Hardware is under paint and waiting on the wheel and tire.
Btw, found one more spot to use up this chunk of diamond plate. Except for a locker and shocks maybe, this is it, the last wave. Will probably do more riding now but still need to find another hobby/project. :(
View attachment 52217 View attachment 52218

Wolverine? ?????

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put the steel in to carry the spare, now just waiting on the wheel for accurate bolt locations. Cranked the shocks up another notch in the back for the anticipated added weight, rears are maxed out now.
Started messing with that chunk of aluminum too.
Spare frame
Door

D

Deleted member 3748

Are you going to get us a jack and a nice lug wrench or battery impact?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Are you going to get us a jack and a nice lug wrench or battery impact?

Lol, the jack is under the seat, been looking at small lug wrenches. How do I find those pre-chargers you have? I searched for them and only came up with filter nets. Do you have a link?

D

Deleted member 3748

I'm only joking, of course, but it would be a good idea to each carry certain tools so we don't all have to carry them and save some weight. I could bring air compressor, you could bring jack, etc.

Prechargers can be found here. K&N Air Filter Wraps I went with 22-8009PK. If you choose a different one, make sure it says it has a closed top.

D

Deleted member 3748

You can get it at Amazon here >>> amazon.com/gp/product/B00062Z00M

Now you're going to see I do spend a lot of money sometimes. :oops:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm only joking, of course, but it would be a good idea to each carry certain tools so we don't all have to carry them and save some weight. I could bring air compressor, you could bring jack, etc.

Prechargers can be found here. K&N Air Filter Wraps I went with 22-8009PK. If you choose a different one, make sure it says it has a closed top.

I carry just about everything that would be needed, compressor, jack, spare, slime, tire gauge, plug kit, flashlight, bug spray, trailer hitch, rain gear, helmets, glasses, goggles, hats, gloves, toolkit, jump starter, first aid kit, 1 gal. RotoPax, 9mm, lots of straps, snatch block, bungees, baby wipes...oh almost forgot, disco ball and microwave...am I missing anything? I still have some room in the box you know? Considered a 1 gal. Rotopax for water but can't justify the $80 for it. ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Is that the smallest diameter you can get? My snorkel's are 1 1/2" pipe. They're not real clear on the size of them.

That was the smallest I could find. They don't look too big on my 2" pipe. They should be fine on yours too.

I carry just about everything that would be needed, compressor, jack, spare, slime, tire gauge, plug kit, flashlight, bug spray, trailer hitch, rain gear, helmets, glasses, goggles, hats, gloves, toolkit, jump starter, first aid kit, 1 gal. RotoPax, 9mm, lots of straps, snatch block, bungees, baby wipes...oh almost forgot, disco ball and microwave...am I missing anything? I still have some room in the box you know? Considered a 1 gal. Rotopax for water but can't justify the $80 for it. ;)

I carry most of that too. That's what I mean... maybe we could share the load. I carry the Hot Pockets, you carry the microwave. Just a thought. :)

advertisement
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Where do you sit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

Where'd you get those clamps? Looks like they have a rubber band on them?
One of the hose clamps is from a RAM mount that failed. That's the one with the rubber casing. The other is just a standard.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!