Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That unit is a lot smaller than I was imagining. No installation hammer needed?

Yeah, it's a compact little add on. Didn't need a hammer but couldn't say it was painless either. I was surprised that I didn't have to move anything that I already had mounted under the hood. I'll get it wired up this week but don't know when I'll ride next.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You know that we had the 1st armored division and the 1st armored division artillery bergade and a recon Battalion @PistonHonda in one area last weekend! We had that place secured, cocked locked and ready to rock! BA

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got the power steering wired up today, didn't take it for a ride but it does work. A lot easier to turn, noticed that it makes a little more noise when turning, its like at a certain point in the turn when the knuckles are just right, I can see the bracket flex upward. There is one spline gear that I can adjust for length but then it might want to pull down? Something I'll have to play with to find the happy spot I guess?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the machine out on the trails behind my house to try out the EZ Steer, works awesome. I also called Super ATV about the flexing issue to see if that is normal and they stated it was. He said the P5 is the worst with that issue because it's such a small distance and tight for the articulation. He suggested doing the same thing I had already done, loosen the slip connection and find a happy spot to tighten it down.
I'll follow up with a review after I do some real riding at higher speeds.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It's a sickness, looking at this machine wondering what else can I do to it.
Running out of ideas to make it any better but I did have one a long time ago that was never realized, then a buddy said something on a group ride, now I'm going for it...a spare tire!
Steel plates fabbed already, wheel and tire have been ordered.

D

Deleted member 3748

Just so everyone knows where this is headed... this is @trigger 's truck. :D

IMG 28111

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just so everyone knows where this is headed... this is @trigger 's truck. :D

View attachment 52163

Lol...didn't do it before because I figured I didn't really need it, and may never need it, who knows? Like most everything else, it's expensive and adds more weight to the machine, but it'll look BA! :D

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It's a sickness, looking at this machine wondering what else can I do to it.
Running out of ideas to make it any better but I did have one a long time ago that was never realized, then a buddy said something on a group ride, now I'm going for it...a spare tire!
Steel plates fabbed already, wheel and tire have been ordered.

You can only dangle...so much stuff
..off the p5.....before it starts looking...

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

Lol...didn't do it before because I figured I didn't really need it, and may never need it, who knows? Like most everything else, it's expensive and adds more weight to the machine, but it'll look BA! :D
Haha, yeah, I know. I couldn't resist the truck post.

Where are you going to put the tire? I was thinking of doing the same but using one of my take-offs as the spare.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@trigger, had the same flex on the power steering at first, but after 2nd time loosing upper and lower shafts together and turning wheel to find the sweet spot now have no flex, glad they did the slip splines on the shafts. Milwaukee 12v Ratchet came in handy. Yes, half the fun is doing the stuff yourself, done the right way. Call me a little perfectionist. Thanks to whoever posted the reverse lever mod, ... easy trick.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like the harnesses Trigger and how was the install, any modes needed to be make to secure them?

Not much really, bought 2 bolts and had to cut a couple of little tabs off where the seat belt latches were. They do exactly what they're supposed to do which is hold you in. Not always comfortable being pinned to the seat though so just use the lap belt sometimes. A lot more sh** to go through when taking the seats and heat/sound barrier out though. Worth the sacrifice I guess.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, yeah, I know. I couldn't resist the truck post.

Where are you going to put the tire? I was thinking of doing the same but using one of my take-offs as the spare.

This is the plan...1/4" steel bent to fit inside the bed and another piece outside of it to sandwich the rail. Two bolts go down through the bed and through the rack, it's pretty stout. Made a mock up out of cardboard for fitment, doesn't stick up much more than the box rails and can still see the factory tail light. Hardware is under paint and waiting on the wheel and tire.
Btw, found one more spot to use up this chunk of diamond plate. Except for a locker and shocks maybe, this is it, the last wave. Will probably do more riding now but still need to find another hobby/project. :(
Cardboard spare Brackets

Reactions: chrisC and Chooglin
D

Deleted member 3748

This is the plan...1/4" steel bent to fit inside the bed and another piece outside of it to sandwich the rail. Two bolts go down through the bed and through the rack, it's pretty stout. Made a mock up out of cardboard for fitment, doesn't stick up much more than the box rails and can still see the factory tail light. Hardware is under paint and waiting on the wheel and tire.
Btw, found one more spot to use up this chunk of diamond plate. Except for a locker and shocks maybe, this is it, the last wave. Will probably do more riding now but still need to find another hobby/project. :(
View attachment 52217 View attachment 52218
That will look good. ANd if we're riding together your spare will fit my machine too!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!