Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
On the 17 in MT, yes it only shifts down to the next lower gear for speed, down to 2nd on full stop. Just rode with wife and could lug along in 3rd down to 6 mph, 4 th at 10 mph. Thinking the downshifts are just programmed to prevent over stress on these single cyl. engines. No complaints here. Pulled some good sized trees in Reverse. Liking the Strongmade front bumper and winch, (along with the Choogin glove box of course). Great video by @AIR.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlR
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went to test drive a 2017 again today, and I tested the auto downshifting in MT mode specifically. I did find it more of an advantage than disadvantage, and I think I like it. Overall, shifting seemed a little rough in both modes, but I totally think this is because the test P500 I drove, is brand new and not broke in yet.

I really think the P500 is the right SxS for me and my purposes.

Reactions: AlR and Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I went to test drive a 2017 again today, and I tested the auto downshifting in MT mode specifically. I did find it more of an advantage than disadvantage, and I think I like it. Overall, shifting seemed a little rough in both modes, but I totally think this is because the test P500 I drove, is brand new and not broke in yet.

I really think the P500 is the right SxS for me and my purposes.
Hey bud, where are you from in Louisiana? I'm from Crowley.

Reactions: Jshell3
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey bud, where are you from in Louisiana? I'm from Crowley.

I'm from Baton Rouge area. Yeah I was in Rayne this AM picking up Interco Interforce tires, at Interco, and went to do a P500 test drive at Southside Honda, in Lafayette. You can tell when you get near Crowley, and Rayne with all of the crawfish ponds, and rice fields. Seems like there are a few members from south Louisiana on here.

Reactions: CURTK and Tigermark

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!