Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If I thought everyone that bought it would use it in the same manner as I do ,I wouldn't have a problem making and selling them, but everyone's riding style is different, and I would never forgive myself if someone was to get injured because of chances taken by the driver.
Attorneys and disclaimers cover all that.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
For
Got a question for you guys that know a while heck of a lot more about the P500. I found some 2"wheel spacers for it and a set of 28" tires. Are 28" tires too much for the P500 or will they work with the 2" wheel spacers?
I been in one
with 28"
Very un stable if ground
Not flat....
IMO

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I dig it. I rode behind this guy one time, it was doing wheelies going up hill (and it was a long step hill)! Here it is mid-air.

Customrzr

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Were you following suit in your P5???

Not on that day. The P5 has been through that trough of mud, but I was at a different site that day. And I don't think I would have taken it off that jump, that's a few feet of air into a few feet of water...6" of travel is not the same as the 1000XP, kidney or spine damage could ensue.

But that thing is scary as hell to watch but I like to ride with those guys, they are not afraid of much. It's kinda funny because the first time I rode with that group I kept hearing "What the $&^# is that thing?" when we stopped for beers. They were a bit amused the P5 was just trolling along behind them without any drama or noise. It's kinda like when you finish a car race and a VW bug is right behind you, on the one hand you finished the race, but on the other how hard could it have been if the bug is behind you.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'd buy one and you would NOT have to worry about a lawsuit!
I'd be more than happy to help anyone out if they want help on building one themselves, but I don't want to be the one doing the building, Thanks anyway for the offer.It's still a liability issue.
Oh by the way are you feeling ok ? Your color doesn't look good !!

J

JTW

I'd be more than happy to help anyone out if they want help on building one themselves, but I don't want to be the one doing the building, Thanks anyway for the offer.It's still a liability issue.
I'll attempt it one day.. It just buy a 5 seater.

Reactions: iowaguy
J

JTW

Yeah.. You know how you get blue parts when it's been a while?? Well this is what happens when you're waiting on your pioneer!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not on that day. The P5 has been through that trough of mud, but I was at a different site that day. And I don't think I would have taken it off that jump, that's a few feet of air into a few feet of water...6" of travel is not the same as the 1000XP, kidney or spine damage could ensue.

But that thing is scary as hell to watch but I like to ride with those guys, they are not afraid of much. It's kinda funny because the first time I rode with that group I kept hearing "What the $&^# is that thing?" when we stopped for beers. They were a bit amused the P5 was just trolling along behind them without any drama or noise. It's kinda like when you finish a car race and a VW bug is right behind you, on the one hand you finished the race, but on the other how hard could it have been if the bug is behind you.
It was a rhetorical question, I knew the P5 is incapable of mimicking that Polaris. But thanks for the info, I know the P5's a head turner on the trail, and many people are surprised to see it.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'd buy one and you would NOT have to worry about a lawsuit!
You mean to say you'd sign the disclaimer!

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
I like the netting. I'm thinking about building my own back seats for my build. I just haven't seen any that I like. Thinking about a rivetted aluminium chassis for the seat and then making the pads attach with velcro loops. I think if I made them so they attach with strong hitch pins it will be real sturdy and allow for quick removal. Plus the seats can have a little more rigidity to them to make longer rides more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I like the netting. I'm thinking about building my own back seats for my build. I just haven't seen any that I like. Thinking about a rivetted aluminium chassis for the seat and then making the pads attach with velcro loops. I think if I made them so they attach with strong hitch pins it will be real sturdy and allow for quick removal. Plus the seats can have a little more rigidity to them to make longer rides more comfortable.

That sounds like a really cool idea. I hope you develop it and post some pics along the way.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Did you look at Jegs? They have a wide selection of seats for race cars

Reactions: Stoney
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish I knew how to weld. I'd do a different rear end but similar just without the seats for kids. I'm not married and no kids, just a wonderful dog. I love the rear cage ROPS and the netting. Me thinking something like a bed with short side walls, netting all the way around and a cover for the back. Could be a place to put my dog if I had a rider. She goes everywhere with me. It's one of the reasons I went with a SXS.
IMG 4648

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!