P500 Pioneer 500-4 build

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks,I just wanted to post this picture to show the seats aren't hanging out the back as far as some may think, the back of the cage is a1/2" behind the fender these can actually be left on.View attachment 11882

Most excellent iowaguy. Love the fact you can convert either way 2 or 4 seater in a few minutes. Happy wheeling with G kids and family.

jrc

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Gave it the finishing touch today, added a few stickers
WIN 20160405 171321

WIN 20160405 171137

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I added the backseat I had to move the air cleaner intake out of the way ,I used a zip to pull it up to the cage cross bar
WIN 20160405 180204
, when I put the rear panel on it is on the inside of the panel ,I'm sure it is breathing cleaner air, this is something others could do as well

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Thanks,I just wanted to post this picture to show the seats aren't hanging out the back as far as some may think, the back of the cage is a1/2" behind the fender these can actually be left on.View attachment 11882

HOLY HELL!!! Imitation being the best form of flattery I'm gonna copy you. This is exactly what I've been looking for. To a friggin tee! You won me over when you put the fenders and rack back on but left the cage in place. Do you have any blueprints, measurements, etc?

Edit: I just re-read your initial post and saw all the measurements there.

Last edited:
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
HOLY HELL!!! Imitation being the best form of flattery I'm gonna copy you. This is exactly what I've been looking for. To a friggin tee! You won me over when you put the fenders and rack back on but left the cage in place. Do you have any blueprints, measurements, etc?

Edit: I just re-read your initial post and saw all the measurements there.
Glad you like it,no I don't have any prints of any kind, but if you have any questions feel free to ask, the biggest road block was finding 15 inch wide seats.

Reactions: rocmar and Stoney
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey iowaguy I just wanted to pop in on this as well. First off to a degree I think all of us over probably about 35 have been in unsafe conditions because of our parents or grandparents i.e. bad go cart, riding lawnmower with no blade in top gear,no seatbelt, no helmet, riding in the back of a truck. I know me and my friends have as kids because it was a different time, and even though sometimes we still do a bit I surly wouldn't wish that on my kids or grandkids so on the start of your build I would have been the ass that didn't see your finished product and would have gripped at safety even knowing it could be done, but most people with an idea like that will not do it right,we've all seen the videos. With that said great job! Especially in making it come back apart for use of the standard rig. I truly believe after reading this whole article and now feeling like we all know you a little better I know those kids are 10 times safer then a lot of the people I've seen in sxs's over the years. We were always in awe at the stupidity of lots of people. We were use to dirtbikes that you tend to respect but on a quad and especially in a sxs people feel overly in control and do really stupid crap because it's easy to ride it even holds itself up no real skill for easy putting. They don't normally get out of control till it's really bad. I don't feel you're that guy. I'd let my kids ride with you, hell I'd ride back there. At any rate very nice job. Great idea and even better execution! I wish I had seen this a little sooner as it makes me smile that your out there for the kids it's what more people should do. Looks great almost factory. Thank you for sharing!!

Last edited:
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey iowaguy I just wanted to pop in on this as well. First off to a degree I think all of us over probably about 35 have been in unsafe conditions because of our parents or grandparents i.e. bad go cart, riding lawnmower with no blade in top gear,no seatbelt, no helmet, riding in the back of a truck. I know me and my friends have as kids because it was a different time, and even though sometimes we still do a bit I surly wouldn't wish that on my kids or grandkids so on the start of your build I would have been the ass that didn't see your finished product and would have gripped at safety even knowing it could be done, but most people with an idea like that will not do it right,we've all seen the videos. With that said great job! Especially in making it come back apart for use of the standard rig. I truly believe after reading this whole article and now feeling like we all know you a little better I know those kids are 10 times safer then a lot of the people I've seen in sxs's over the years. We were always in awe at the stupidity of lots of people. We were use to dirtbikes that you tend to respect but on a quad and especially in a sxs people feel overly in control and do really stupid crap because it's easy to ride it even holds itself up no real skill for easy putting. They don't normally get out of control till it's really bad. I don't feel you're that guy. I'd let my kids ride with you, hell I'd ride back there. At any rate very nice job. Great idea and even better execution! I wish I had seen this a little sooner as it makes me smile that your out there for the kids it's what more people should do. Looks great almost factory. Thank you for sharing!!
Thanks for your comments,l have to admit our lives revolve around the grandkids and anything I can do to get them to want to come and see grandpa I will do.When we go for rides its not about going fast, its about going slow and laughing and talking with them. We are not going to be around forever but we can create memories that they will have for the rest of their lives.That's what life is all about!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I fully agree! Every thing we do is family oriented we ride dirtbikes snowmobiles everything together. If my friends want to ride with me they bring their kids and we camp. Life is to short. We have given up so much but gained a lot more. I always appreciate people that do things for others or in a manner everyone has a good time. Hats what you did. It's nice to see that in this day of everyone for themselves. Again great job you really did excellent work for the safety and enjoyment of others! Stand proud

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Glad you like it,no I don't have any prints of any kind, but if you have any questions feel free to ask, the biggest road block was finding 15 inch wide seats.

I will definitely hit you up for questions! I see the problem with seat size and keeping the cost down. I would like to do high back seats because my boys already fall asleep when riding up front with me. I can do harness this way to keep them from flopping around when the catch Zzz's on a ride. I'm thinking about hitting a salvage yard to find some narrow buckets. That or high back go kart buckets. Also what's everyone's thoughts about building seats? Safe?

Last edited:
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I will definitely hit you up for questions! I see the problem with seat size and keeping the cost down. I would like to do high back seats because my boys already fall asleep when riding up front with me. I can do harness this way to keep them from flopping around when the catch Zzz's on a ride. I'm thinking about hitting a salvage yard to find some narrow buckets. That or high back go kart buckets. Also what's everyone's thoughts about building seats? Safe?
You might want to look at the plastic racing seats at Summit racing they are 17 " wide high back with holes for harness, for around 40.00.These are what I was looking at using until I found the 15" wide that I used.

Reactions: rocmar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They are getting tough to find but one of the smallest most narrow bucket I know of is a Honda seat:) 80's prelude seats. Not positive on width but that's what we used back in the day in low rider pickups

Reactions: Stoney
S

Sidexside4life

Jun 15, 2016
Boones Mill, VA
Ownership

1. 500
Got a question for you guys that know a while heck of a lot more about the P500. I found some 2"wheel spacers for it and a set of 28" tires. Are 28" tires too much for the P500 or will they work with the 2" wheel spacers?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got a question for you guys that know a while heck of a lot more about the P500. I found some 2"wheel spacers for it and a set of 28" tires. Are 28" tires too much for the P500 or will they work with the 2" wheel spacers?
Your going alot higher
than ya are wider
26" work great

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You might want to look at the plastic racing seats at Summit racing they are 17 " wide high back with holes for harness, for around 40.00.These are what I was looking at using until I found the 15" wide that I used.
Iowaguy.....1 word
BADASS..........

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you add 2" spacers on each side, you're going 4" wider. If you use 28" tires, you're going 2" higher, so you'll be fine.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Awesome thread! You should make a kit and sell it :)
If I thought everyone that bought it would use it in the same manner as I do ,I wouldn't have a problem making and selling them, but everyone's riding style is different, and I would never forgive myself if someone was to get injured because of chances taken by the driver.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!