rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 10152
well fellas im no wally web nor am I an engineer but what the hell is the difference if the man puts 500 pounds of weight on the factory rack back there what ever it might be wood ,tools , hay , dirt . etc.. verus his 2 grand kids with some seats and piping cant weight that much as its normal load the p500 would carry I give him a lot of credit for that design and make it come to life as far as im concerned he has the first true 4 seater p500 great job patent that b**** before Honda steals your concept
Cause none of the things you mentioned....have a heartbeat
I'm a dad....& I would of bought a 4 seater....not taking away
from his fabrication abilities. This badge from honda on left rear fender......
actually it the height of it....plus the taller tires
20160210 121151

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Everybody knows the only reason for those warnings is to deter lawsuits from people that decide to do exceedingly stupid things with their machines. You've built an awesome accessory to fit your needs and as long as you use reasonable common sense you will be safe and still able to steer just fine.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 10152

actually it the height of it....plus the taller tiresView attachment 10157
.......oh....nevermind.....I'm not ......going to get...... in a pi**ing....match with you

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Everybody knows the only reason for those warnings is to deter lawsuits from people that decide to do exceedingly stupid things with their machines. You've built an awesome accessory to fit your needs and as long as you use reasonable common sense you will be safe and still able to steer just fine.
I gave the guy props for his fabrication. ....

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
well it doesn't matter if it has a heart beat or not weight is weight I myself am a father and a grandfather of two and if I had the same skill level as iowaguy I would do the same I'm sure he didn't spend countless hours in his shop saying how can I f***up an $8k machine and make a death trap as far as that decal is concerned its Hondas CYA and take it off and put a glove box in its place again I commend your skills great job enjoy riding with grandkids and family

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
well it doesn't matter if it has a heart beat or not weight is weight I myself am a father and a grandfather of two and if I had the same skill level as iowaguy I would do the same I'm sure he didn't spend countless hours in his shop saying how can I f***up an $8k machine and make a death trap as far as that decal is concerned its Hondas CYA and take it off and put a glove box in its place again I commend your skills great job enjoy riding with grandkids and family
Thanks I appreciate your comments, I couldn't have said it better

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 10152

actually it the height of it....plus the taller tiresView attachment 10157
Honda doesn't want you to drink a beer while your driving either. ;)

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Opinions are like BUTTHOLES....everybody got one...
& they all stink..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
shocker never heard that one before real original
It's clear your looking for an argument. ....
I gave props for his work.....
Enough said...

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
negative no argument from me facts are facts ask henry ford , Edison , wright brothers & kid who invented facebook all were dreamers who made it all come true PEACE ;) 4 Seater pioneer 500"s for all LOL

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice work! Would love to build one like this to go along with my 1000-5. And to the safety nazis, that sticker does say done load over 450 lb on that rack. 2 80lb kids =160 plus maybe 100lb total in extra materials, seats, cage, etc....still well under Hondas stated weight carrying capacity. So please, leave the man alone. We have all hooked an overloaded utility trailer to an atv and slid into the ditch because it wouldn't turn...this ain't that.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I remember as a kid a friend had a Honda fortrax everyone would load up on it two on front rack and three on the back. We also rode in the back of pickups and cars without seat belts. I drive fast love to jump and push my ATVs to the limits but not with the kids on. Enjoy your awesome ride. I will buy a kit if you ever sell one.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Truck bed passenger here too. 80 miles each way to the st Louis zoo and back even in downtown traffic. We rode in the bed with a camper shell on the back of an s10

Reactions: miano248
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
lol I remember the days riding in the back of my dads pick up old chevy five window no seat belts no seats just a wood planked floor and exhaust fumes those were he days
My dad had the same, 1947 model. Rode in the back a lot!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I added up the cost of the build.
$165.00 steel (bought thru place of work)
$98.00 seats(ordered from ASC) only place I could find 15"wide seats.
$48.00 3 point retractable seatbelts(ebay)
$85.00 4'x14'x1/4" plastic(used to line bottom of dump trucks)
$60.00 Miscellaneous
Cost of building something yourself (priceless)
Had enough plastic left over to make roof
Plan on using the rest of the left over plastic under the floor boards for a little more strength

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!