fisheye mirrors so I can keep an eye on the kids

Last edited:
Reactions: Devin
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Really impressed with the craftsmanship. It's a great idea, and it was well executed. May have to do something similar when my baby gets a little older.

Reactions: iowaguy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Really impressed with the craftsmanship. It's a great idea, and it was well executed. May have to do something similar when my baby gets a little older.
When I started this project one of the goals was to be able to take it apart and store it without taking up a lot of room, this is what I ended up with,I can take the back rack off and install all the seat components and cage in about 20 minutes, have it all off now for painting.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I started this project one of the goals was to be able to take it apart and store it without taking up a lot of room, this is what I ended up with,I can take the back rack off and install all the seat components and cage in about 20 minutes, have it all off now for painting.
WIN 20160208 154450

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's the 1/2 windshield
Sure, but in the photo with the "fish eye" mirror, the windshield appears to be cut around the ROPS bar?!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
awesome idea, my concern would be weight. Thats would be large percentage of weight relative to the vehicles dry weight that you shifted directly over or behind the rear wheels and fairly high up. It would drastically change the center of mass.
Yes.....I don't only agree....I've experienced it...
The front end will float....steering will be affected...

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I appreciate everyones concerns about safety ,Just want to let you all know I am as safety mined as they come.I have never ridden mine with out the seat belt on. As far as high center of gravity and to much weight behind the back wheels it is a concern but not really an issue for the riding that will be done, The only time there will be people in the back is when riding on old railroad beds that have been converted to atv trails.Don't forget where I live you can see for miles, that's because it's flat not because your on top a mountain.As far as extra weight, it won't be more than 200 LB. added on it ,I eliminated over 50 LB. taking the rack off ,the cage and seats will weigh less than 100 plus the seats are2" lower than the rack was, oldest grandchild is 50 LB. When I started this idea I Goggled RZR rear seat, If you want to see something scary look at theses, and people are selling them, that's the scarcest part

My whole deal is ....wasn't made to do that.
I am glad that where you live...you can
see for miles...at least if anything happens
...God forbid it doesnt....
the helicopter called Life Flight can see
you...and get quick rescue.
I do admire your ideas....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My whole deal is ....wasn't made to do that.
I am glad that where you live...you can
see for miles...at least if anything happens
...God forbid it doesnt....
the helicopter called Life Flight can see
you...and get quick rescue.
I do admire your ideas....
Nothing like a little dramatic lol. I think he and his kiddos will be fine.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I agree as long as your not jumping and flying down trails at full speed and using logic not tackling extra challenging terrain and watching for stumps it should be fine. My kids rode in a trailer with hay before I think if you watch your speed and use you head it would be no more dangerous than riding in the car. To test you can up your insurance strap a few sand bags back there and see what it can take.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree as long as your not jumping and flying down trails at full speed and using logic not tackling extra challenging terrain and watching for stumps it should be fine. My kids rode in a trailer with hay before I think if you watch your speed and use you head it would be no more dangerous than riding in the car. To test you can up your insurance strap a few sand bags back there and see what it can take.

Or strap them to the hood, counter balance and ride, lol.

Reactions: Tflynn
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Nothing like a little dramatic lol. I think he and his kiddos will be fine.
Wat he done is way kool.
Not taking that away from
him...if by saying dramatic
you meant the truth....

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
well fellas im no wally web nor am I an engineer but what the hell is the difference if the man puts 500 pounds of weight on the factory rack back there what ever it might be wood ,tools , hay , dirt . etc.. verus his 2 grand kids with some seats and piping cant weight that much as its normal load the p500 would carry I give him a lot of credit for that design and make it come to life as far as im concerned he has the first true 4 seater p500 great job patent that b**** before Honda steals your concept

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
well fellas im no wally web nor am I an engineer but what the hell is the difference if the man puts 500 pounds of weight on the factory rack back there what ever it might be wood ,tools , hay , dirt . etc.. verus his 2 grand kids with some seats and piping cant weight that much as its normal load the p500 would carry I give him a lot of credit for that design and make it come to life as far as im concerned he has the first true 4 seater p500 great job patent that b**** before Honda steals your concept
Yep, he gets good credit, and I believe he's got a safely engineered ride.

Reactions: Stacy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thank's I couldn't have said it better myself, only thing I can add is a little common sense goes a long way when your loved ones are involved, as for the patent before Honda steals it, I'm sure they will give me one, being I gave them the idea LOL.

Reactions: miano248 and Stacy
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!