P500 Pioneer 500-4 build

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Thanks, now I have to decide how I want to fasten it to the main cage with out spending money on expensive connecters
In all honesty since you have the fabrication skills...
the way it is on the factory p1000-5 would serve you very well and have the bonus of being removable!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
In all honesty since you have the fabrication skills...
the way it is on the factory p1000-5 would serve you very well and have the bonus of being removable!
Found some clamps that will work for me, don't have to do any welding on the sxs roll cage, chain link fence T Brackets,$8.00 a piece.I can put a bolt thru the bracket and pipe if I think l need more strength, but I don't think it will be needed, this one is on the cross bar in the back, the idea of this is to be able to completely disassemble and store it when not in use.
WIN 20151216 215939

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found some clamps that will work for me, don't have to do any welding on the sxs roll cage, chain link fence T Brackets,$8.00 a piece.I can put a bolt thru the bracket and pipe if I think l need more strength, but I don't think it will be needed, this one is on the cross bar in the back, the idea of this is to be able to completely disassemble and store it when not in use.View attachment 8179

I tend to over build things for worst case use.

For not much more money about $20 each.
STV Motorsports Steel Clamp 1.75" (1 3/4") Universal Roll Cage Tube Mount Weldable (4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0108ZVM8K/?tag=sxsweb24-20

i.e. A monkey that tears up an anvil with a rubber hammer.

That fence clamp would scare me if I rolled it for some freak reason, I feel like it would bend and turn the end of that tube into a mace or spear.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

STV Motorsports Steel Clamp 1.75" (1 3/4") Universal Roll Cage Tube Mount Weldable (4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0108ZVM8K/?tag=sxsweb24-20

That fence clamp would scare me if I rolled it for some freak reason, I feel like it would bend and turn the end of that tube into a mace or spear.
Took the words right out of my mouth

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Found some clamps that will work for me, don't have to do any welding on the sxs roll cage, chain link fence T Brackets,$8.00 a piece.I can put a bolt thru the bracket and pipe if I think l need more strength, but I don't think it will be needed, this one is on the cross bar in the back, the idea of this is to be able to completely disassemble and store it when not in use.View attachment 8179
I guess I would also ask have you force tested those brackets? Are they cast? The structural strength of some cast products scare me since they are mostly sourced from China. I have seen how just a tiny bit of air or contamination in a cast metal product can limit strength. Ultimately, it's your project and whatever you are happy with. As a "stop gap" measure, I think it looks good!

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Something more like this...
Beard Seats Arctic Cat Prowler UTV Black Shoulder Harness Bar 16-3849-NEW (fixed link)
I mean I would want to make sure it is a returnable item in case I don't like the thickness on the tubing. I would also set it to the length (it looks adjustable), grind off the coating, weld it and get it powder coated.
OOOPS! I ruined the link. This was the best price I could find anyway for the same thing. Doesn't look adjustable though.
Sears.com

Last edited:
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

Have to agree - they are made to hold a very light load and not a high shock load with a twisting force. I am afraid that in a roll they would bend under load and allow the pipe to become a danger to your rear passengers. I know you never plan on rolling it but sometimes things happen. Watched a fellow flip one on a flat road doing nothing "stupid"- looked backward when he heard something and the passenger tires caught a little drainage ditch and the SxS went over VERY quickly.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
To much weight in the rear
Front tires will float at
Higher speeds

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ok....be there...done that

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Buy a four seater...if it was suppose to have back seats...it would.
You do wat ya want... your gonna be top heavy. ..weight past your back wheels...front end will float...ive done all this

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Buy a four seater...if it was suppose to have back seats...it would.
You do wat ya want... your gonna be top heavy. ..weight past your back wheels...front end will float...ive done all this
Please note in post #3 that it is solely for kids to sit in. I think he has considered the weight aspect and doesn't plan on toting around anyone my size...lol. Then, he would have all kinds of problems like you stated...

Reactions: joeymt33
M

mikeyd

Aug 3, 2014
Have to agree with rocmar, a 700-4 is what you need. Way too sketchy back there for kids or any living thing. Too hot with the exhaust nearby, too noisy too.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Front tires wont float do to mid engine but that said you do realize its illegal most states to ride passengers on atv that arnt designed to and ALSO i doubt that you are a mechanical engineer to design the p5s rear to protect kids in a roll over weve all done stupid s*** like crazy s*** but do that to yourself and not kids or anyone else buy a 700/1000-4 play it safe and keep everyone safe dont risk safety for any reason

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Front tires wont float do to mid engine but that said you do realize its illegal most states to ride passengers on atv that arnt designed to and ALSO i doubt that you are a mechanical engineer to design the p5s rear to protect kids in a roll over weve all done stupid s*** like crazy s*** but do that to yourself and not kids or anyone else buy a 700/1000-4 play it safe and keep everyone safe dont risk safety for any reason
No I'm not a mechanical engineer, my son in law is and it has to meet his approval for the kids to ride back there,I have been a CNC machinist programmer for the past 29 years ,and I stayed at a holiday inn express once.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I'm not a mechanical engineer, my son in law is and it has to meet his approval for the kids to ride back there
with the fence post Ts he said it was safe for kids I don't think so those things have a hard enough time handling kids when they jump fences let alone a 1000lb machine plus ppl and I prefer bates motel over holiday inn ;)

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
WIN 20151224 091026
with the fence post Ts he said it was safe for kids I don't think so those things have a hard enough time handling kids when they jump fences let alone a 1000lb machine plus ppl and I prefer bates motel over holiday inn ;)
The only place the T's are used is across the back for headrest to be mounted on.These are the brackets I am planning on using to connect to the cage, two pcs.with four 5/16 hardened cap screws

Last edited:
Reactions: jonedmonds
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
WIN 20151231 115012
WIN 20151231 115012
Made the doors today.I used 3/4"x 1/8 wall tube,I cut a 1/4 " slot thru one side then sandwiched 1/4" plastic inside it and welded it all together,worked out better than I thought it would. I just have to make hinges and latches

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I see what u picture now lol i thought u were just gonna throw seats on the back and duct tape a few bars on there lol (not really ) but its coming together nicely

Reactions: iowaguy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!