100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @iowaguy how about just fabricating some roll bars and back lower bumper? I'd pay for that. No liability as no people would be riding back there....

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks,I just wanted to post this picture to show the seats aren't hanging out the back as far as some may think, the back of the cage is a1/2" behind the fender these can actually be left on.View attachment 11882
I like this best with the rear crossbar and for my purposes another cross bar on either side and again with heavier netting on both sides like on the very back.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey @iowaguy how about just fabricating some roll bars and back lower bumper? I'd pay for that. No liability as no people would be riding back there....
The rollbar was the easy part,just took measurments from the factory bar and took the tubing to a muffler shop,I had him leave a couple extra inches on each end so I had enough to work with and cut the ends off accordingly to set on the bumper and meet the factory rollbar,for the rear netting I used 1" nylon webbing,the shipping on the bars if I made them would cost more than what they are worth.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@iowaguy have you considered netting to keep the arms in, just in case??

B

Braxton

Dec 10, 2017
Floida
Ownership

1. 500
The rollbar was the easy part,just took measurments from the factory bar and took the tubing to a muffler shop,I had him leave a couple extra inches on each end so I had enough to work with and cut the ends off accordingly to set on the bumper and meet the factory rollbar,for the rear netting I used 1" nylon webbing,the shipping on the bars if I made them would cost more than what they are worth.
Thinking about stretching my HP 500 to put in for bucket seats in it and building a whole custom roll cage and everything

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thinking about stretching my HP 500 to put in for bucket seats in it and building a whole custom roll cage and everything
I'm not sure why you would stretch it, there are many on here that put bucket seats in their machines with no real issues, and as for the rear seats I added I can sit in them myself,I weigh 200 lbs and am 6' tall

Reactions: rocmar
Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
This is one of the coolest builds I have seen. Absolutely love how you're able to interchange it back to stock, or leave the cage on the back with the oem rack, or have the seats in. Fantastic planning and craftsmanship.

How has it held up? I'm no fabricator, but I have a good friend who is. I bet he'd be able to help me figure out something similar. Thank you for the idea and information!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!