P500 Pioneer 500 Fender Extensions

How much fender coverage do you need?

• Total voters
UTV-MudBusters

UTV-MudBusters

Vendor
May 1, 2015
Hey everyone,

We finally have a P500 in our shop and we're fitting some prototypes to the vehicle. I have to say, it's a really cool machine! We have talked to quite a few Pioneer 500 owners over the last couple years and most of them stated that another 3"-4" of fender coverage would be optimal. What do you guys think? We need to get a better idea on how wide we should go with this kit. We will likely have at least 2 widths available as well.

To those that have called and emailed us about this kit, thank you for your input. I also want to apologize for the long delay!

Reactions: Talen and ehart814
C

Chooglin

This is great news........thanks to everyone at Mudbusters for making these available soon !

J

JTW

Can't wait to see what you come up with.. I would probably want a 2 inch. 2,3 & 4 should cover everyone.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Glad you guys are on this finally!!

I have higher offset wheels all around, with 26x9 tires. I don't get a ton of mud flying up, but it does get on my windshield sometimes, and that's annoying. I believe 2" or 3" would be sufficient - at least for my application.

Reactions: JTW
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I have to agree that 2 inch would probably work for most people Maybe offer both 2 and 4 inch wide extensions.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
most people using aftermarket wheels are going to have 2"-3" backspacing.I have 2" on front and 3 "on rear . My 500 is 53 inches wide in back,2" flares would work good.

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I've got 26x9x12 on all four corners with SS212 wheels. 2"-2 1/2" would do.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey everyone,

We finally have a P500 in our shop and we're fitting some prototypes to the vehicle. I have to say, it's a really cool machine! We have talked to quite a few Pioneer 500 owners over the last couple years and most of them stated that another 3"-4" of fender coverage would be optimal. What do you guys think? We need to get a better idea on how wide we should go with this kit. We will likely have at least 2 widths available as well.

To those that have called and emailed us about this kit, thank you for your input. I also want to apologize for the long delay!
The P5 was made a 50" machine for a reason. There are 56" and 60" machines on the market.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think , tastes differ and all depends where you ride and what your needs for P500.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone,

Please come up with something nice looking and functional that can beat my current self made set up

Reactions: Chooglin and JTW
RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I copied Solrus' front flap installation but used rubber mat material instead of the UHMW. It was easy to cut, is flexible and practically indestructible. Only downside is that it weighs more than UHMW. With the shape of the front wheel wells, it will be difficult to make an extension that looks good without replacing the factory plastic.

Reactions: JTW and solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I copied Solrus' front flap installation but used rubber mat material instead of the UHMW. It was easy to cut, is flexible and practically indestructible. Only downside is that it weighs more than UHMW. With the shape of the front wheel wells, it will be difficult to make an extension that looks good without replacing the factory plastic.

One correction, it was not me I think JCart who used UHMW for rear fenders and front I guess.

I used High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Width 12 In., Length 48 In., Thickness 0.125 In., a bit different animal and very cheap. And easy to shape with heat gun.

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
My mistake. After getting muddy during the recent hunting season, I read so many posts trying to find a good solution. The concept was the best I found and it solved the problem.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My mistake. After getting muddy during the recent hunting season, I read so many posts trying to find a good solution. The concept was the best I found and it solved the problem.

Well, no apologies, util you provide pics with your new fenders :))))

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Be glad to post pics if I can ever figure out how to post them from my mac. I get a message that the file is too big!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well guys , had to drive to Colorado to get those pics of RDRC's P500 :)

RDRC, what type of rubber mat you used? Brand, store where you bought it? I might use this material for rear mud flaps.

IMG 0103 IMG 0104 IMG 0105

Reactions: JTW and ehart814
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!