P500 Pioneer 500 ignition

S

Sanders711

Jan 17, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I turn the key to run position on my pioneer 500 and the lights in the dash doesn’t come on. But when I turn it between off and run the lights come on any thoughts?

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Is it in Neutral for starting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
does it go black when you hit the start position or just the on position?

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Yes it goes black as soon as you turn it to the run position
I'm still a little unclear as what you describe as the "Run" position. If this is when you turn the key all the way to what I describe as the "Start" position and it blacks out it could be a low battery. Your battery my have adequate power to light up the display but when the starter tries to engage it kills the power. This could be caused by a bad battery connection or a bad or dead battery.

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
S

Sanders711

Jan 17, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still a little unclear as what you describe as the "Run" position. If this is when you turn the key all the way to what I describe as the "Start" position and it blacks out it could be a low battery. Your battery my have adequate power to light up the display but when the starter tries to engage it kills the power. This could be caused by a bad battery connection or a bad or dead battery.
Idk what’s it’s called its when you turn the key over one click an the fuel pump kicks on.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Idk what’s it’s called its when you turn the key over one click an the fuel pump kicks on.
Okay so you turn it to the On or Run position and the screen is black, does the fuel pump still run? Then if you turn it back a little towards the Off position it comes on. If this is correct it sounds like the switch is failing. Not sure of a good way to test it.

S

Sanders711

Jan 17, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Okay so you turn it to the On or Run position and the screen is black, does the fuel pump still run? Then if you turn it back a little towards the Off position it comes on. If this is correct it sounds like the switch is failing. Not sure of a good way to test it.
Fuel pump does not run but you can turn the key between the on and off position and the lights come on and so does the fuel pump. But if you try to switch it back to the on position is goes black again

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the extra 4 year warranty i just wasn’t sure if that would be covered under it
I don't know about extended warranty but I would definitely give them a call. If the warranty is just power train it probably not but if it's full machine then it should be covered.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Get a full charge...on your
battery. ..check your connections...
...would be my plan

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Fuel pump does not run but you can turn the key between the on and off position and the lights come on and so does the fuel pump. But if you try to switch it back to the on position is goes black again
Bad battery...loose connections..
I know..if my volt meter is below 9.8 volts
it won't start.....but dash display lights work
& fuel pump works

H

HondaTech

Sound like battery has enough power to run the dash, but not enough to crank engine. Check battery voltage or loose cables. Check both sides of grounds on engine and frame.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good replies already. Will it jump start from a good battery 1st? Good fuses or dirty/poor contacts? Can the ignition switch be jumpered from under the hood if above checks out?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!