Just a tally not voting.

• Total voters
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 Questions if you could all weigh in. I am looking for actual numbers.

1- How many of you feel that the cabin heat is excessive to the point that you purchased and installed aftermarket Heat Shielding? And or fans?

2- How many of you have had an actual boil over while riding?

Sorry I don't know how to set up a proper survey. If someone could help that would be great.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There cleaned up and added a few choices. I wish there were a way to map the answers out by region to see how that affected it I think a lot of the heat complaints might come from the cooler climates.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added Fan and mesh roof and heat shielding so I can't really answer the vote due to I don't have the problem much the only person that complains is who ever is seating in the middle up front. May add vents to see if that will put cool air on their legs.

Need a vote for

Upgraded (happy)
Upgraded (still not happy)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do think they are a bit warm but really my only complaint has been the steam. On our other rig we did 7” fan and that worked incredible but I haven’t bothered to reinstall on this rig and we’ve been riding plenty of 100deg days with roof. Some even windshield but that was a bit hot. Definitely stay away from puddles when it’s hot!
We’ve had two boil overs with previous Pioneer, once in Tennessee and once locally but both times heavy mud on someone’s ass.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 700 was unridable in the summer because I had a fixed windshield. My 1000 is unbearable with the fixed windshield over about 70-75.

With the Bug Buster on instead of the glass windshield. I have no complaints outside of sitting on a 250degree blob of aluminum that is controlling explosions, but I’ve ridden motorcycles on blacktop in the summer so I’m not complaining. Without the cabin comfort update I rarely turned the bilge fan on unless I splash water on the exhaust. Now I rarely turn it on.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and L2R
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 700 was unridable in the summer because I had a fixed windshield. My 1000 is unbearable with the fixed windshield over about 70-75.

With the Bug Buster on instead of the glass windshield. I have no complaints outside of sitting on a 250degree blob of aluminum that is controlling explosions, but I’ve ridden motorcycles on blacktop in the summer so I’m not complaining. Without the cabin comfort update I rarely turned the bilge fan on unless I splash water on the exhaust. Now I rarely turn it on.

I have no complaints outside of sitting on a 250degree blob of aluminum that is controlling explosions, Ha Ha Ha Good Stuff. By the way Thanks for all of your help. Not sure if these questions and answers had been asked and compiled in one spot. Might be interesting and something for Honda to think about. Or ignore.

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There cleaned up and added a few choices. I wish there were a way to map the answers out by region to see how that affected it I think a lot of the heat complaints might come from the cooler climates.
What did I get deleted for?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Exactly, As much as people don't want it to be true it is going to be hard to be comfortable in the 1000 in 85+ weather with a Windshield on. Like you I run the bugbuster in the summer and it is great. When I have my super atv flip windshield on the moment I lower the top portion I can feel the temp rise on the cab. almost just like a car in the summer with no AC - it is going to be hotter than the air temp.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added the thin under seat heat shield and had the dealer installed rubber shield done under the "recall". I really didnt notice an improvement, but I never felt that it was ever unbearable. Sure it gets warm when the satv windsheild is closed or when the steam rises but its tolerable. Not a big deal to me, it's usually hot here in texas anyway....

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Windshield, 2 fans and added shields ,pool noodled the bed gap just to make it bearable...

Reactions: Cal
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have a half windshield and it is tolerable in the summer but the heat index today is 105 so we are used to heat.

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the satv flipout wind shield, Honda roof, Honda zip up back plastic window, full 3/8 umhw skid plate. Before doing anything, this thing was uncomfortable to use in 75 or above temps. Took it to the dealer for the Honda heat shield and saw no difference. I really didn't want to do fans so I did the DEI shield kit to sneak up on it. Jegs for about $90. Made a huge difference. Still get a steamed rear end some but way better than stock.

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had a boil over. Twice. When I first got it. After the second, I picked the front up with a chain and fork lift. Ran it until warm with cap off. It’s been about 700 miles now and no issues. I’ve purposely tried to over heat it, nope. I also had a loose connection on my fan so it wasn’t kicking on properly. Smooth kitty now.

Now concerning the cab heat... For where we ride it gets hot in the cab. We have a mixture of desert and mountain riding. But when it’s hot outside just add the cab heat too.. It also depends on your riding. If your hauling ass every where, all the time, then you’ll probably have enough air movement it won’t be as bad. We crawl up rocky mountain trails, we enjoy the ride, sight see. It’s the whole point we go.. So I added two 3” fans pointing down both sides of motor. Helped tremendously. But I also plan on adding Thermo-Tec in some spots, but’s it’s not necessary. I also have a “half” windshield, or whatever it’s called..

Side note: I love my Pioneer!

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 1000-5 and do not have many issues with cab heat. I put the roof on which shades the sun out. Also have the Super ATV flip up windshield. It works great. In the hot months, flip it up and get plenty of air thru the cabin. If you have a full windshield, you'll be hot in any utv! Similarly, if you have are going slow and out in the sun, any utv will be hot. Our trails are mostly in wood/shaded areas and we are not going rock-crawling speeds, so its not usually unbearable heat unless the temp is warmer than 85 F. I also had the recall done where the dealer added the rubber beneath the seat. As for deep water holes, go slow and you'll have less steam...and keep your feet up!

Last edited:
CLS

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Boiled over on first ride, did the burp and now its solid even in 100 degree with passengers. Added sticky fiberglass/foil heat shielding on the panel behind the seat and it made a huge difference.

Now the complaint is smelling fuel from the vent tube.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine has an OE short 'shield, and being an 18, had the "heat kit" installed from the get-go. (what a joke) On any ride longer than about 15-20 minutes, the passenger side seat bottom & transition area is far, far too hot. It is uncomfortably hot for my wife. My side has the OE storage box, so I don't notice it nearly as much.
At this point, I've installed an 8" fan under the seat. We haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but I'm betting I'll be adding some sort of a barrier also.
We'll see.

Regardless, I love my Honda!

Bboper70

Bboper70

Jun 9, 2015
2 Questions if you could all weigh in. I am looking for actual numbers.

1- How many of you feel that the cabin heat is excessive to the point that you purchased and installed aftermarket Heat Shielding? And or fans?

2- How many of you have had an actual boil over while riding?

Sorry I don't know how to set up a proper survey. If someone could help that would be great.
My 700P4 is very hot in summer with roof and front windshield. Installing a heat resistant material under front seats & up the back behind the back of the seat. Not sure how much it will help. Will see.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine has an OE short 'shield, and being an 18, had the "heat kit" installed from the get-go. (what a joke) On any ride longer than about 15-20 minutes, the passenger side seat bottom & transition area is far, far too hot. It is uncomfortably hot for my wife. My side has the OE storage box, so I don't notice it nearly as much.
At this point, I've installed an 8" fan under the seat. We haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but I'm betting I'll be adding some sort of a barrier also.
We'll see.

Regardless, I love my Honda!
After doing every thing but the header wrap, finally installed a fan, it works!

Reactions: TomR1947
J

John_Johnson

Jun 17, 2019
West Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat on my new 2018 1000-5 is extreme. I've heard that Honda has a free "fix" but I'm sure I'll be adding some sort of fan-driven engine compartment heat exhaust mechanism. This thing is far to hot to be comfortable - especially when using is for some sort of task like hauling firewood from our forest.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!