Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rincon does 65...wtf?

Lighter machine so it's geared differently. I think that's why people were looking into it. I just don't remember who was talking about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Has anybody attempted that project? That would be fun.

Idk. I think like Tflynn said it may need more power for that much gear

Reactions: moparornocar
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
2-250 mile stretches? That's probably not too bad. I couldn't sleep last night I've been thinking about this trip. I guess it fully sank in and my mind doesn't let me sleep sometimes with things swirling around.
The miles will be easy on the rigs but people riding wow. I've been in ours for a full day before and it wasn't too bad but I was tired the next day. Not sure about the rest of the country but as pretty as Montana is it's a big state to cross. Idaho will be nothing and will really feel like the home stretch. Need a nice butt cushion and plenty of fluids. Potassium will be important. Quick energy and small meals will be important. The biggest thing I see is on the riders by far. The machine won't care that trip will be like a couple hundred in the trails but need to really go over your personal list. You all need to stay up on energy. Also I'm thinking a throttle lock of some sort

What do you mean you didn't sleep.I don't think I've sleep a total of 6 hours the last 2 nights,and yes I know what you mean by the machines handling the ride better than the riders,we go on three day weekend rides,averaging about 100 - 150 per day,by the 4th day the last thing I want to do is get back in it,OH MY GOD WHAT DID I COMMIT TO!!!,This is part of the reason it is tentative ,My wife wants me to go for it,but doesn't want to go with,the idea of camping doesn't agree with her

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What do you mean you didn't sleep.I don't think I've sleep a total of 6 hours the last 2 nights,and yes I know what you mean by the machines handling the ride better than the riders,we go on three day weekend rides,averaging about 100 - 150 per day,by the 4th day the last thing I want to do is get back in it,OH MY GOD WHAT DID I COMMIT TO!!!,This is part of the reason it is tentative ,My wife wants me to go for it,but doesn't want to go with,the idea of camping doesn't agree with her

I normally don't sleep well with something big on my mind. This kinda hit me last night and started worrying about everyone

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rest assured boys I've been putting in plenty overtime nailing down every last detail. by the time we shove off everybody will know exactly what, when and where everything will be happening and how. Iowaguy, if you need any encouragement on that 1k you just head up to Augusta, it's in the garage and mama will get you the key.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I'm also anxious to see what your route will look like, hopefully it will work out so I can meet up with you guys when you come my direction.
Agreed. Would love to tag along for a bit of trail section in mn if possible. Though I have no delusions about keeping pace with my p500 on higher paced sections. This trip should be pretty awesome.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rest assured boys I've been putting in plenty overtime nailing down every last detail. by the time we shove off everybody will know exactly what, when and where everything will be happening and how. Iowaguy, if you need any encouragement on that 1k you just head up to Augusta, it's in the garage and mama will get you the key.
I'm actually not worried at all anymore mopar! Think it's going to work out just fine

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed. Would love to tag along for a bit of trail section in mn if possible. Though I have no delusions about keeping pace with my p500 on higher paced sections. This trip should be pretty awesome.
The first MN section is only 100 miles or so and it's an atv trail with a 30mph limit. Pm me and I'll give you the place to be.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I didn't say so before those that want to tag along for a section here or there are more than welcome. Just let me know where you are and I can give you a clue as to where the best place to meet up will be.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think I could make it fit 55fbe0fcbb89b370733838516116a7d8 2

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will have to agree with @IdahoPioneer but have promised to accept "other" makes (and be nice to a degree) at the Takeover so I feel this is the same. I've driven one though and I hope you don't have to keep stopping to pickup one of those door halves lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
See, captain Mo has everything taken care of.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!