Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh no, that was just a big joke that got me poked in the ribs by y'all. I was trying to forget about that lol.

That's why I referred to the mileage from @Tflynn question. I was ok with a Toyota. I'm glad to see the 700 that is much better. Long drive Monte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
One high school here is named that for that reason. It sure took them longer to get here though. They didn't have hondas.

The great falls of the Missouri were a 17 mile long cascades. They disassembled their canoes using the masts for axels cutting wheels from cottonwood trees and building wagons to get around them and then crafting new canoes the other side. I can only dream that we have necessity of doing similar. Yeah, it took them longer.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just gonna throw down the gauntlet, I will say I think it is a TERRIBLE idea, but if someone wants to bring their P5 then who am I to judge. I will say beforehand you will need a contingency plan, if you blow it up or something, we won't have time to stop and wait around for days to get it back on the road. So, if you got the stones to ride a p5 cross country, you will probably get more props than the 1k's will.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If I were you guys I'd be looking hard at bucket seat upgrades!! This trip sounds amazing I'm so very jealous!
Don't be jealous Mr. Flynn, if this is something that would really be a fulfilling prospect to you, then like an item on a bucket list before you die, make it happen! If it's time off, start working on the boss now (both of them lol), work a little overtime, go in on Saturdays now and then, put in the notice early, you have 1-1/2 years. If it's money, start slipping a hundred dollars in an envelope every month, if it's courage............ I'm trying to recall what they did for the Tin Man??????? Oh that's right, he already had the courage, just needed to find it. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm just gonna throw down the gauntlet, I will say I think it is a TERRIBLE idea, but if someone wants to bring their P5 then who am I to judge. I will say beforehand you will need a contingency plan, if you blow it up or something, we won't have time to stop and wait around for days to get it back on the road. So, if you got the stones to ride a p5 cross country, you will probably get more props than the 1k's will.
I suppose it boils down to whether or not you want the P5 to set the pace. Makes me no difference, but you can't run the P5 wide open 10 hours a day, days on end, it will blow up. Honestly 35 mph is it for the P5, if you want to hold the caravan at that pace, so be it, your the captain of this expedition. I just want to be there.

Last edited:
J

JTW

On trail days the p5's would be fine. On road days they'd just have to catch up to the bigger machines. If the 1000's ride 6 hours at 50, the p5's would have to put in 8.5 hours at 35.
What does a 700 do top speed?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On trail days the p5's would be fine. On road days they'd just have to catch up to the bigger machines. If the 1000's ride 6 hours at 50, the p5's would have to put in 8.5 hours at 35.
And that's just my problem. Even the 700, let's just say 40-45 is all its got, even if I can do nearly 70, I'm not going to with a trailer. I imagine the 700 will be running nearly as fast as it can most of the time to keep up, but we should be able to work out a happy medium after a day or two. Unless I can convince Monte to add 300cc ;-)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't be jealous Mr. Flynn, if this is something that would really be a fulfilling prospect to you, then like an item on a bucket list before you die, make it happen! If it's time off, start working on the boss now (both of them lol), work a little overtime, go in on Saturdays now and then, put in the notice early, you have 1-1/2 years. If it's money, start slipping a hundred dollars in an envelope every month, if it's courage............ I'm trying to recall what they did for the Tin Man??????? Oh that's right, he already had the courage, just needed to find it. :)
I gotta go with Monte on this tflynn. you got time.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And the P7 would have to do 7 hours at 45, our poor little Corp of Discovery would be stretched out clear across Wyoming. :( IMO, and I'm not captain of this adventure, if the P'5's are admitted into the caravan, they must set the pace so that we can all ride together and appreciate all the experiences that we encounter as a team which seems the point of this to begin with. :)

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
And the P7 would have to do 7 hours at 45, our poor little Corp of Discovery would be stretched out clear across Wyoming. :( IMO, and I'm not captain of this adventure, if the P'5's are admitted into the caravan, they must set the pace so that we can all ride together and appreciate all the experiences that we encounter as a team which seems the point of this to begin with. :)

You gonna drive them back too?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly. I just found out today that our non forum guy is going to be in a 1000 general. Obviously he won't be running wide open at 80 mph either lol

Reactions: cschomber63

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!