Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
2-250 mile stretches? That's probably not too bad. I couldn't sleep last night I've been thinking about this trip. I guess it fully sank in and my mind doesn't let me sleep sometimes with things swirling around.
The miles will be easy on the rigs but people riding wow. I've been in ours for a full day before and it wasn't too bad but I was tired the next day. Not sure about the rest of the country but as pretty as Montana is it's a big state to cross. Idaho will be nothing and will really feel like the home stretch. Need a nice butt cushion and plenty of fluids. Potassium will be important. Quick energy and small meals will be important. The biggest thing I see is on the riders by far. The machine won't care that trip will be like a couple hundred in the trails but need to really go over your personal list. You all need to stay up on energy. Also I'm thinking a throttle lock of some sort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2-250 mile stretches? That's probably not too bad. I couldn't sleep last night I've been thinking about this trip. I guess it fully sank in and my mind doesn't let me sleep sometimes with things swirling around.
The miles will be easy on the rigs but people riding wow. I've been in ours for a full day before and it wasn't too bad but I was tired the next day. Not sure about the rest of the country but as pretty as Montana is it's a big state to cross. Idaho will be nothing and will really feel like the home stretch. Need a nice butt cushion and plenty of fluids. Potassium will be important. Quick energy and small meals will be important. The biggest thing I see is on the riders by far. The machine won't care that trip will be like a couple hundred in the trails but need to really go over your personal list. You all need to stay up on energy. Also I'm thinking a throttle lock of some sort

I'm actually working on electronic cruise control. I'm a fat kid at heart, so food won't be a problem. I'm still toying with rzr or general buckets.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Potassium, magnesium, B-12, D&E, too. And don't forget Milwaukee's Best!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like fun! Yall need a big check list of stuff to bring. My have to do an oil change along the way! Wish i could go.

@bigdeal are you state or private college?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's hilarious, here's a pic of my fridge just now, that's my regular too. I just said the Beast because after the cost of an expedition of this magnitude, that's going to be our budget, lol.

Mmmmm. The Beast. I like the light blue one. Although Busch Light is my usual.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Y'all may forget, while some guys don't, 2,000 miles a week plus is routine for me. Really, I need to grab my shower bag and a cooler of Mt dew and water and I'm good to go.
Oh dear, I hope someone else has mama with them. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well as long as you guys drink light beer we all have something in common and won't be hanging out next to the bottom of a tree.

Yeah, no we're not doing anything like that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Y'all may forget, while some guys don't, 2,000 miles a week plus is routine for me. Really, I need to grab my shower bag and a cooler of Mt dew and water and I'm good to go.

I do know that and if anyone can get er done it's you but now I'm overly thinking about it. I just want you all to stay safe it's no joke the miles especially at 50 on a sxs. Monumental really. I'm so excited and wish it were this summer but I will be at least making part of the trip with you all. We need to get the route in play asap so I can start planning on where to cut in and get this side ready. I'm hopeful people from the northwest will make this trip also. There are a lot of Pioneers within 500 of us and this may shape up to be huge.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I do know that and if anyone can get er done it's you but now I'm overly thinking about it. I just want you all to stay safe it's no joke the miles especially at 50 on a sxs. Monumental really. I'm so excited and wish it were this summer but I will be at least making part of the trip with you all. We need to get the route in play asap so I can start planning on where to cut in and get this side ready. I'm hopeful people from the northwest will make this trip also. There are a lot of Pioneers within 500 of us and this may shape up to be huge.

All good points, but I think the word limited is in the op title, lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!