Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I didn't bother reading all 2461 posts BUT. ...This is extremely appealing to me!! After I realized you're talking 2018 and not this year it is even more so. How many days are you thinking? 15-20? Can we get some off road journalists to check in and follow along the way? I've got a little trailer I can build something like you have going there. This truly would be EPIC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About 20 is what I'm guessing. So are you considering joining the ride? At the moment we only have 3 of us, we'd be glad to have you along! Do you have a 1000?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
About 20 is what I'm guessing. So are you considering joining the ride? At the moment we only have 3 of us, we'd be glad to have you along! Do you have a 1000?

Fd76655712cb9cb60d961f2819c4f980

I do have one. What's the interest level in a "support vehicle" that meets at the stopping point each night? I've got a 42' cyclone toy hauler sleeps 10+ if I could find a driver. That could take some of the fun out of it though. I can make it to the start real easy. Haven't quite figured out how I'd get home though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I do have one. What's the interest level in a "support vehicle" that meets at the stopping point each night? I've got a 42' cyclone toy hauler sleeps 10+ if I could find a driver. That could take some of the fun out of it though. I can make it to the start real easy. Haven't quite figured out how I'd get home though.

I about wet myself every time I see that front bumper. Man I love it!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

No support vehicles is part of the whole game. My wife is driving out to the finish line. and then we are renting a uhaul trailer to get the pioneer back home. Monte will be renting a uhaul truck I believe. If you need it, we can probably arrange to get you back to your truck at the starting line in Rice lake. Where there is a will there is a way!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No support vehicles is part of the whole game. My wife is driving out to the finish line. and then we are renting a uhaul trailer to get the pioneer back home. Monte will be renting a uhaul truck I believe. If you need it, we can probably arrange to get you back to your truck at the starting line in Rice lake. Where there is a will there is a way!

I totally agree. In all of my hunting trips and adventures I am always about "the story". I would much rather have a great story to tell. It really makes or breaks the adventure. This could turn into a real s*** show if we have trouble but I'm not scared.

I need to work out some more details with the wife. I just heard about this two days ago but Id love to go. Have any dates been set?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I totally agree. In all of my hunting trips and adventures I am always about "the story". I would much rather have a great story to tell. It really makes or breaks the adventure. This could turn into a real s*** show if we have trouble but I'm not scared.

I need to work out some more details with the wife. I just heard about this two days ago but Id love to go. Have any dates been set?
I have the route all planned to where we will never be farther than 50-100 miles away from a decent sized town. These are Hondas, so I'm not worried about the machine. As far as contingencies everyone is responsible for their own escape plan if need be. My contingency is making sure the pioneer is paid off so if I blow it up, I'll buy a new one and continue on my way. We will be riding through yellow Stone and the black hills as well.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the route all planned to where we will never be farther than 50-100 miles away from a decent sized town. These are Hondas, so I'm not worried about the machine. As far as contingencies everyone is responsible for their own escape plan if need be. My contingency is making sure the pioneer is paid off so if I blow it up, I'll buy a new one and continue on my way. We will be riding through yellow Stone and the black hills as well.

Can you send a map?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you send a map?

I can as soon as I have a good one. I've been working on the route in my spare time. With a new baby and moving back in November, there hasn't been much of that. Lol. Look for a full route in the next few weeks

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Im planning on driving out and riding in Idaho the about 3 days before you finish. I could be of some support twords the finish. Hopefully you guys can kick it avg 150 miles a day.

advertisement