Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Im planning on driving out and riding in Idaho the about 3 days before you finish. I could be of some support twords the finish. Hopefully you guys can kick it avg 150 miles a day.

I'm thinking a small trailer with long travel suspension. We'll be coming over the mountains like we're chasin snakes. 2-300 miles a day, looking like Jesse James after a 30 day bank run.

Of course this is all Unofficial....but I'm working on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking a small trailer with long travel suspension. We'll be coming over the mountains like we're chasin snakes. 2-300 miles a day, looking like Jesse James after a 30 day bank run.

They makeke the trailers you speak of, mine is based on a harbor freight utility trailer

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I hope you are able to make it happen,I would have loved to go but I was afraid it was a little to much for a 500 to be able to handle with top speed only being 40 mph, that means a reasonable constant cruising speed of 35 would be pushing it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No support vehicles is part of the whole game. My wife is driving out to the finish line. and then we are renting a uhaul trailer to get the pioneer back home. Monte will be renting a uhaul truck I believe. If you need it, we can probably arrange to get you back to your truck at the starting line in Rice lake. Where there is a will there is a way!
Agreed, no support vehicles is the point. Besides, not all of the route would even be accessible to such.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So I didn't bother reading all 2461 posts BUT. ...This is extremely appealing to me!! After I realized you're talking 2018 and not this year it is even more so. How many days are you thinking? 15-20? Can we get some off road journalists to check in and follow along the way? I've got a little trailer I can build something like you have going there. This truly would be EPIC!!!

If you're serious about joining the Avant-garde Trailblazers, please read all 124 pages, you've got over a year to do so and you'll really enjoy it. I hope you join the PROTC!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you're serious about joining the Avant-garde Trailblazers, please read all 124 pages, you've got over a year to do so and you'll really enjoy it. I hope you join the PROTC!

I'll start in it. May take a while I've got a short attention span.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ya I know. You have some magical power lol. Good to hear from you how are things?

Thanks for asking CP! Just trying to lighten things up for myself. I lost my father today at 1:37 pm mountain time. I'd been at his side night and day for the last week. At 92 he had been 50 days without food and a week without water and he soldiered on, even for the last 12 hours with his breathing so faint you could hardly see his chest move. He was the last WW2 vet from his unit that landed in gliders behind the German lines and fought the battle of the bulge. He left behind his wife and 9 children, 24 grand children, 24 great grand children and a great great grandchild. He was an awesome man and will be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for asking CP! Just trying to lighten things up for myself. I lost my father today at 1:37 pm mountain time. I'd been at his side night and day for the last week. At 92 he had been 50 days without food and a week without water and he soldiered on, even for the last 12 hours with his breathing so faint you couldn't see his chest move. He was the last WW2 vet from his unit that landed in gliders behind the German lines and fought the battle of the bulge. He left behind his wife and 9 children, 24 grand children, 26 great grand children and two great great grandchildren. He was an awesome man and will be sorely missed.

WOW! What a man. We are forever in debt to his service. Not only did you lose a father, the country lost a great man. So sorry to hear this. God bless you and your family.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for asking CP! Just trying to lighten things up for myself. I lost my father today at 1:37 pm mountain time. I'd been at his side night and day for the last week. At 92 he had been 50 days without food and a week without water and he soldiered on, even for the last 12 hours with his breathing so faint you couldn't see his chest move. He was the last WW2 vet from his unit that landed in gliders behind the German lines and fought the battle of the bulge. He left behind his wife and 9 children, 24 grand children, 26 great grand children and two great great grandchildren. He was an awesome man and will be sorely missed.

I'm really sorry for your family. It sounds like he was a great man and left behind all he was supposed to. I really hope everyone understands what he left as a man because any us would like that kind of legacy. I'm sorry for you loss Monte!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
WOW! What a man. We are forever in debt to his service. Not only did you lose a father, the country lost a great man. So sorry to hear this. God bless you and your family.

Thanks brother, I appreciate that more than you know!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm really sorry for your family. It sounds like he was a great man and left behind all he was supposed to. I really hope everyone understands what he left as a man because any us would like that kind of legacy. I'm sorry for you loss Monte!

Thanks CP for always being a good friend to me here, and for the kind words about my father!!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks CP for always being a good friend to me here, and for the kind words about my father!!!!

Sounds like it was true. When a man stands up for his father that way and I believe things you say, he's got to a great man. Again very sorry

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Montecresto , Sorry for your loss! You are a good man to be there for him the way you were! I went through something similar with my mother and know how difficult it is! Wish you and your family the best!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Sorry for your loss Monte! We will thank him in our prayers for his service to his country, and pray for you and your family to have comfort in the knowledge that he is now home with God. He sounds like he was a good man And a good American, that loved his Country and Family! I can tell loved him and, you are very proud to be his son!

God Bless and,
Take care my friend, hope to see you and your bride soon!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto , Sorry for your loss! You are a good man to be there for him the way you were! I went through something similar with my mother and know how difficult it is! Wish you and your family the best!
Thank you so much for your kindness, I appreciate you very much!!

advertisement