Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Alumalite makes a bad ass cab for the 1k. I'd definitely go soft doors for genuine Honda parts though. That way when it's 80° you can take them off and store them flat in the camper.

I'd have to agree with Mopar on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alumalite makes a bad ass cab for the 1k. I'd definitely go soft doors for genuine Honda parts though. That way when it's 80° you can take them off and store them flat in the camper.
Cool, thanks.

Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got mine from Amazon. I'll try to post the link here at lunch time. They are only OK at best. Maybe cut 85%of the wind out above 20 mph

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Thank you. So yours are Honda but bought on amazon?

Reactions: moparornocar
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you. So yours are Honda but bought on amazon?
Yea they're Honda. And we're like $10 cheaper on Amazon then my dealer. Plus I didn't have to go pick them up. For their price I was a little disappointed with the fitments to the rops on them.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea they're Honda. And we're like $10 cheaper on Amazon then my dealer. Plus I didn't have to go pick them up. For their price I was a little disappointed with the fitments to the rops on them.

The trick is to not use the supplied template and fit the frame a little more to the inside of the ROPS. Adjust it with someone helping and when at its best spot drill it. Our 700 we used template on driver door it was crap then I hell married it in passenger side it fit good. The 1000's I didn't bother with the template and it actually fit pretty well. If it sits more to the inside you're much more comfortable towing it too.
Best to spray foam hinges before install so there's less door sag and the doors will have to be readjusted a little on the front hinges. If someone takes the time they aren't horrible. Also put small screw and nut through the strap into the door handle or you'll loose it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The trick is to not use the supplied template and fit the frame a little more to the inside of the ROPS. Adjust it with someone helping and when at its best spot drill it. Our 700 we used template on driver door it was crap then I hell married it in passenger side it fit good. The 1000's I didn't bother with the template and it actually fit pretty well. If it sits more to the inside you're much more comfortable towing it too.
Good to know, thanks CP.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Best to spray foam hinges before install so there's less door sag and the doors will have to be readjusted a little on the front hinges. If someone takes the time they aren't horrible. Also put small screw and nut through the strap into the door handle or you'll loose it

Talk to me about the spray foam hinges. Mine safe like crazy now.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@Montecresto this is what I was talking about earlier with the spray foam.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Talk to me about the spray foam hinges. Mine safe like crazy now.

Really pretty simple just pull the doors and there's a cap on top and bottom where the hinge pin mounts through pull those and screwed up in the really good making sure it's pretty full around where the plug goes back in. After it sprayed in put the plug back in and wipe off the excess best just to let it dry for at least a full day in warm temperature then reassemble.

Post 167

P1000 - Next P1K project begins

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little more progress on the ROTC support trailer. Looking like a miniature home almost!

IMG 20170202 223040563

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little more progress on the ROTC support trailer. Looking like a miniature home almost!

View attachment 32195
Your going to have to make a roof rack for the plastic kiddie pool and pink flamingos. If your going to live in a trailer do it right! And maybe just wrap it in tyvek, and shingle half the roof lol.

advertisement