rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I want something that stays on the machine.. we've got lots of bugs in the Ohio river valley!!
Post #17
Is your ticket
Bro
That's where I'm going

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I want something that stays on the machine.. we've got lots of bugs in the Ohio river valley!!
I never take mine off...

Reactions: JTW
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
P5 limo
3pc lexan top section limo tinted '//
P5 limo

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
That's the best cheap route I've seen! Wish they made the fold lower.. I like it though!
It looked high in the pics But as you can see it is a little lower than the top of the steering wheel . I was happy when I put it on and saw that it seemed much higher than it really is .

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

It looked high in the pics But as you can see it is a little lower than the top of the steering wheel . I was happy when I put it on and saw that it seemed much higher than it really is .
That's offficially my back up plan..

J

Jshell3

I bought the $125 Lexan 1/2 windshield (15.5"). Has a seal / threshold on the bottom. It's not scratch proof, but it's dang near bulletproof!

My wife and son were baffled at the idea of a half windshield, but I thought it's ingenious...
Just got it installed today and we got to take it for a test spin...
We all like it now!

Reactions: trigger and JTW
I

ike1951m

Jun 30, 2016
Ky
[Q UOTE="ehart814, post: 97318, member: 4310"]Anyone who has a Honda accessory windshield (or probably any other brand) that isn't hard coated knows that they scratch if you look at them wrong. Mine has gotten horrible. I had been meaning to try the Novus system on it for quite a while, and I finally ordered it:

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last night I experimented with it for a few minutes. I have one of these little DA buffers that works with a drill:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3500-Power-System-Tool/dp/B009OBVRY4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I had a new pad that I hadn't used, so I put that on and use the number 3 bottle (for deep scratches)

Spent a few minutes running the buffer on the worst area of the windshield. Wiped off the compound with a clean microfiber, and repeated. I did not do the whole windshield.

After wiping the compound off again, I could see that the scratches were noticeably lighter and much of the hazing and light scratches had cleared up significantly. I have not even used the number 2 bottle for a better polish.

Tonight I plan to spend some more time on it and see how much better I can get it. I'm really happy with the results so far
Anyone who has a Honda accessory windshield (or probably any other brand) that isn't hard coated knows that they scratch if you look at them wrong. Mine has gotten horrible. I had been meaning to try the Novus system on it for quite a while, and I finally ordered it:

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last night I experimented with it for a few minutes. I have one of these little DA buffers that works with a drill:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3500-Power-System-Tool/dp/B009OBVRY4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I had a new pad that I hadn't used, so I put that on and use the number 3 bottle (for deep scratches)

Spent a few minutes running the buffer on the worst area of the windshield. Wiped off the compound with a clean microfiber, and repeated. I did not do the whole windshield.

After wiping the compound off again, I could see that the scratches were noticeably lighter and much of the hazing and light scratches had cleared up significantly. I have not even used the number 2 bottle for a better polish.

Tonight I plan to spend some more time on it and see how much better I can get it. I'm really happy with the results so far.
I have been told that you can use a propane torch to take scratches out...Anyone tried it

Reactions: Ragnar406
J

JTW

[Q UOTE="ehart814, post: 97318, member: 4310"]Anyone who has a Honda accessory windshield (or probably any other brand) that isn't hard coated knows that they scratch if you look at them wrong. Mine has gotten horrible. I had been meaning to try the Novus system on it for quite a while, and I finally ordered it:

Tonight I plan to spend some more time on it and see how much better I can get it. I'm really happy with the results so far

I have been told that you can use a propane torch to take scratches out...Anyone tried it
@Ragnar406

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I used a heat gun and was surprised at what a good job it did

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Only problem is, the buffing can take off the hard coat.
Scratches will come back with a vengeance.
Same thing with the head light buff kits.
And hard coat is not something you can get in a bottle yet.

Buffing is better than nothing but may not be the perfect solution.
If you don't mind, give us a long term report and let us know what you think.
You know, input effort vs performance over time.

I

ike1951m

Jun 30, 2016
Ky
I used a heat gun and was surprised at what a good job it did
I'm going to try the heat gun...I feel like I would have more control with it....I'll post my results

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm going to try the heat gun...I feel like I would have more control with it....I'll post my results
@ike1951m,reading these other post about hardcoating I should let you know mine isn't a hard coat windshield it is polycarbonate but it doesn't have the hard coat on it, heat worked good on mine but I don't know what the result will be on a coated windshield, maybe try a test area down in a corner first, mine was bad enough I was going to take it off and make a new one , but it looks great now

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!