P500 SSS plastic skidplate with rock slider edge

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, the price on that went way up. Got my SSS skid on black friday 2020 for about $475 shipped for the non-premium/non-rockslider version.
Not defending one or the other as I've no experience with the SuperATV version, but to play devils advocate for a little bit...
The SSS plate does cover a bit more of the bottom, and has a lip that wraps up the front bashplate. And to be fair, you'd have to compare the SSS non-premium multi-piece skid ($750) instead of the fancy single piece.
Quick googling says the SuperATV version is made of ARMW: "It’s our proprietary blend of UHMW" and it's 1/2" VS SSS made of 100% 3/8" UHMW (which should be stronger)

How much stronger/wear resistant etc I have no idea, we'd have to do a side-by-side (🤭) comparison after some rock crawling to see how they hold up.
Everything else being equal, at today's prices, I'd probably go with SuperATV's version.

Reactions: crewcabrob
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Do the SSS skids not come with hardware? I just ordered a full set for the p52 but thought it came with mounting hardware. I'm gonna have to purchase some extras as my dealer didn't feel the need to tighten any of the bolts during their initial setup, and now they're MIA.
Probably a good thing they fell out otherwise they rust in and you'd be drilling them out. One plus to that is Honda's soft crappy bolts are easy to drill :cool:

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, not trying to start a war but this was not an exaggeration

View attachment 320418

View attachment 320421

The top image is from Amazon and the second is going straight to SSS because I don't know of any retailers that sell it.

Rob
That is NOT a 500 picture. Don’t ask me how I know. LOL.
Try calling the mgr. Bryce. I’m sure I saw an add on the last few months for like $7xx with builtin rock guards included. I am old so I may be wrong 🤪
Tell him treat ya right or I will buy the one for the Talon I have on order from his competition and the whole club will hear about it. 😂
WB

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks for everyone's replies on this. I'm going to do a little more digging and see if I can help make my decision. I have some time before I need it. Trying to get my ducks in a row for the AZPT ride later this fall. But would love to have this earlier to test in Leadville, the Black Hills and Moab this year. Those are trips we have planned so far.

Rob

Reactions: futzin and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!