P1000 Positive pressure cab

M

Markeabe

Jun 22, 2018
Us
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone ever tried to apply a positive pressure fan system for an enclosed cab on the pk1000. I am considering installing a panel of hdpe material between the rop's and Honda factory roof with 2 small radiator fans that would draw their air from the rear area behind the mid panel, through filter media. My thoughts are that this would provide a positive pressure to the cab to keep the dust down and also provide cooling for the front passengers. This type system works for construction equipment cabs.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone ever tried to apply a positive pressure fan system for an enclosed cab on the pk1000. I am considering installing a panel of hdpe material between the rop's and Honda factory roof with 2 small radiator fans that would draw their air from the rear area behind the mid panel, through filter media. My thoughts are that this would provide a positive pressure to the cab to keep the dust down and also provide cooling for the front passengers. This type system works for construction equipment cabs.

Fans would be loud but I like the concept, I have 3 radiator fans (2 I was going to use under the seat to move hot air) that I use for workshop air filtration and they are LOUD. Move a lot of air and filter a lot of dust from the air when I am sanding. I would try 1 fan and a couple feet of flex duct that MIGHT reduce the noise from the fan. try to run a pre-filter AND a post filter the post filter would keep the fine particles and cut some of the noise down and the pre-filter would protect the fan and keep the post filter from closing as quickly.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

So.. I have a prefilter I use on my snorkel for the air box...
DBC0D81C 87E2 4B1B 93A3 1A7ECFFDB654

Why not just T off of it under the hood and run a duct under the dash somewhere with a small bilge fan in line. Or if you don’t want to snorkel you could just have the filter on the end of the duct under the hood.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Didn't someone try this with roof fans but I don't remember a filter being used.

Reactions: BWAF
Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So.. I have a prefilter I use on my snorkel for the air box...
View attachment 103688

Why not just T off of it under the hood and run a duct under the dash somewhere with a small bilge fan in line. Or if you don’t want to snorkel you could just have the filter on the end of the duct under the hood.
Man that things lookin good

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
M

Markeabe

Jun 22, 2018
Us
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fans would be loud but I like the concept, I have 3 radiator fans (2 I was going to use under the seat to move hot air) that I use for workshop air filtration and they are LOUD. Move a lot of air and filter a lot of dust from the air when I am sanding. I would try 1 fan and a couple feet of flex duct that MIGHT reduce the noise from the fan. try to run a pre-filter AND a post filter the post filter would keep the fine particles and cut some of the noise down and the pre-filter would protect the fan and keep the post filter from closing as quickly.
Yes the fans would have to be controlled with a variable speed controller to reduce speed and reduce the noise and air flow to the cab.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
From my experiences with hot rods good electric fans can draw a lot of amps. It seems that it would be easy to overload the factory charging system.

M

Markeabe

Jun 22, 2018
Us
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From my experiences with hot rods good electric fans can draw a lot of amps. It seems that it would be easy to overload the factory charging system.

Noted on the current draw, I would use a variable speed controller to slow the fan considerably from their full voltage speed, they will draw way less amperage when on lower speed, and be considerably less noisy. The speed controller would be a PWM type (pulse width modulator) which adds very little current draw to the circuit but allows to reduce speed considerably without harming the motor. Lower speed equals lower amperage on this type circuit.
I will be doing a mockup later this spring to test before any permanent install.

I also have all my accessories connected to my auxiliary battery, as, in my opinion, should all pioneer owners due to shifting issues associated with under voltage at the clutch.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!