P500 Post your rear rack or box. Pics.

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Used mine last weekend. Broke in the toolbox and rack combo.

495ce8ebc38e16019485b1e80afa8e32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

SonnyL

Apr 1, 2021
Indiana, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I've got that idea patented. You owe me one Talon 1000 for patent infringement! LOL. Glad you liked the idea enough to use.

I've been very happy with it. Keeps most items clean and dry with some flex space in the middle. I planned on cutting a slit in the middle box for the bar of a chainsaw so that it would fit in there nicely. I also found a soft side cooler that fits inside one of the boxes if I need to keep my beverages out of site. Probably the worst part is cleaning it and water sitting where the handles of the boxes are.

View attachment 95124 View attachment 95125 View attachment 95126

I've got that idea patented. You owe me one Talon 1000 for patent infringement! LOL. Glad you liked the idea enough to use.

I've been very happy with it. Keeps most items clean and dry with some flex space in the middle. I planned on cutting a slit in the middle box for the bar of a chainsaw so that it would fit in there nicely. I also found a soft side cooler that fits inside one of the boxes if I need to keep my beverages out of site. Probably the worst part is cleaning it and water sitting where the handles of the boxes are.

View attachment 95124 View attachment 95125 View attachment 95126 View attachment 95127
I saw the original post and I plan on building the same. Just let me know where to drop off the T1000! Seriously, how did you attach things? I assume you drilled holes in the bottom of the boxes to attach them to the aluminum frame. Do your 4 bolts hold the sheet plastic plate to the rack as well or do you have the plate attached separately? The flat gas cans are a new addition as well, How much do they hold and where and where did you buy them? Thanks for your help! SonnyL

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Yes. I don’t ride aggressively. I think the upper basket is going somewhere else when I get a windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I saw the original post and I plan on building the same. Just let me know where to drop off the T1000! Seriously, how did you attach things? I assume you drilled holes in the bottom of the boxes to attach them to the aluminum frame. Do your 4 bolts hold the sheet plastic plate to the rack as well or do you have the plate attached separately? The flat gas cans are a new addition as well, How much do they hold and where and where did you buy them? Thanks for your help! SonnyL
I have 4 bolts holding frame on rack and the 4 bolts on each container holding it to rack. I believe I used some small holes that were already in the rack, may have enlarged. The HDPE piece is just sandwiched between the rack and my aluminum. I purchased some 1" square aluminum and some 1" angle aluminum. Square runs front to rear and holds it all on the rack. The angle goes side to side and boxes mount to it. Once I notched the angle to fit over the square and set it all up and had the aluminum welded. I will try to get some more pics since I currently have one of the boxes off. Should give you a better idea of what I did.

I believe this is the fuel can and mount I used. I don't think I paid this much for it though.

Reactions: SonnyL and futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!