P500 Power draw issues

N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
I seem to be having power issues when I run the winch. Everytime I draw the winch in with my plow attached my overhead radio resets. I just swapped the battery out for a new one since the factory one was dead. My local parts store only had a 14amp battery replacement, the 16 amp was too big. Could that be my problem or do I have other issues? Radio is wired to accessories harness I believe.

Reactions: rtn001
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
I seem to be having power issues when I run the winch. Everytime I draw the winch in with my plow attached my overhead radio resets. I just swapped the battery out for a new one since the factory one was dead. My local parts store only had a 14amp battery replacement, the 16 amp was too big. Could that be my problem or do I have other issues? Radio is wired to accessories harness I believe.

Really need a second battery for your wench and acc. The stock battery just can’t take the amp draw and voltage will drop below the needed to keep your radio settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really need a second battery for your wench and acc. The stock battery just can’t take the amp draw and voltage will drop below the needed to keep your radio settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have the MTX audio pod and just experienced a similar thing winching, but mine muted until I turned it off/on.. Some radios have a narrow operating voltage band. Given the few times I winch, and don’t have a plow, I’ll live with it. When I had a bad voltage regulator that spiked at 18v, radio also went out.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500

Did you try it without the winch attach to the plow..Might be a weak regulator..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!