P1000 Power Dump Bed

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
With the 1,000 lbs capacity in the bed I'm going to need some help dumping it, not that I will have that much weight very often in it it is still nice especially doing yard work. Does anyone know if Honda is going to make or has made an electric cylinder for dumping the bed?

I know there are some "aftermarket" ones that you can buy, but if I can get one from the dealer, or something that they could install I'll go that route.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Tot Welcome to the club! I have not heard of any electric or hydraulic lift system for the Pioneer 1000 dump bed. I wouldn't hold my breath on Honda coming out with one anytime soon. Aftermarket may be your only solution.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Thanks @JACKAL, I haven't got it yet but I will as soon as I can.

We have a John Deere Gator on the farm and they have a electric cylinder that dumps the bed. Maybe by the time I get my P1000 there will be some options or other people who have tried something out that works. If not I guess I'll be the guinea pig lol

Reactions: moparornocar
B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Thanks @JACKAL, I haven't got it yet but I will as soon as I can.

We have a John Deere Gator on the farm and they have a electric cylinder that dumps the bed. Maybe by the time I get my P1000 there will be some options or other people who have tried something out that works. If not I guess I'll be the guinea pig lol
Considered doing the same the bed on my Pioneer 700, pulled the one off my Ranger before i sold it too but it was way too long for the 700. With the 1000 soon to be here I'm thinking of accessories and attempting the power dump again. For those who have had trouble finding something that might work do a "linear actuator" search. For those who wonder why, it is extremely convenient and got used a lot.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the rear cage it was hard for me to dump a FEL into the bed to move stuff around I'll be getting a heavy trailer with powered dump

G

GARYMORK

May 21, 2016
VIRGINIA
@Tot Welcome to the club! I have not heard of any electric or hydraulic lift system for the Pioneer 1000 dump bed. I wouldn't hold my breath on Honda coming out with one anytime soon. Aftermarket may be your only solution.

HEY GUYS,
Service manager at Blue Ridge Powersports here.
We have recently designed and installed a power lift system for the new Honda Pioneer 1000 and works awesome /If your interested, give us a call at 1-800-296-2735.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
HEY GUYS,
We have recently designed and installed a power lift system for the new Honda Pioneer 1000 and works awesome /If your interested, give us a call at 1-800-296-2735.
Thanks for the info I am sure some will be interested. What kind of price approximately are you asking for the dump bed kit?

@Tot See the above post about the bed dump kit. you were the original one asking.

Reactions: Tot
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
HEY GUYS,

Post some info about it. I may interested.

Will it lift this? I loaded the last week
1637ea3edb423ea6e542508f954a2366

This is very typical for my pioneer. It has got to earn its keep around here. It works most of the time and plays on some weekends.

Reactions: knuckledeep and Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
HEY GUYS,
Price??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

G

GARYMORK

May 21, 2016
VIRGINIA
What's it look like?
We are currently working on putting together a package price with self installation instructions. Will be posting a video soon on the operation of the install. The lift assembly is rated at 1000 pounds and should handle about anything you throw at it. Give us a couple days and then revisit this thread.
Thanks for the interest.

G

GARYMORK

May 21, 2016
VIRGINIA
We are currently working on putting together a package price with self installation instructions. Will be posting a video soon on the operation of the install. The lift assembly is rated at 1000 pounds and should handle about anything you throw at it. Give us a couple days and then revisit this thread.
Thanks for the interest.
Blue Ridge Powersports try this facebook page for a video of it operating.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn I can't watch it without Facebook

Reactions: GPR1500SC
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Awesome thank you for that. Will that kit work with the 1000-5? If so will it have safety for the seats? Get everything together and get a price as soon as you can

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
TRY THIS YOU TUBE LINK.

Thank you for that. It looked like it didn't dump the full tilt. Will it tilt the bed all the way to the bump stops?

Also, can it easily be disconnected?

One more ?, how's this kit in water and mud? I like to get out and ride a lot so this actuator would see lots of dirt and water.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Important questions!

G

GARYMORK

May 21, 2016
VIRGINIA
Important questions!
The total ride of the actuator will lift the bed to approx 45 degrees and should be sufficient rise to dump most items out of the bed. The limiting factor is the total closed height of the ram assembly as there is not much space under the bed of the unit. The actuator motor is actually mounted at the top and this will aid in preventing damage to the motor and electrical components when operating in adverse conditions.

Reactions: moparornocar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!