P1000 Power steering light

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok you should be good on warrentee then. Btw best all around deck you can buy I promise! We kept trying to get better we've owned every marine deck out there trying but were hard on stuff and they all showed. I currently have 3 models of the same because dependability is everything so good choice!!:):)
Yeah, I went with that one because it had good reviews and I think it looks better than the smaller gauge style radios. Bluetooth cuts out a lot on mine though. I ran it to a pair of the Infinity 612m's and they sound ok but now I'm thinking I want an amp on them. I have another pair that I have not hooked up yet.

Took the Pioneer to the dealership today and he said they are about two weeks behind. Hopefully they won't have it too long because I have a ride planned in two weeks. It was also making a knocking noise under the bed as it shifts. I thought maybe that was normal but they said it's not so they're checking that too.

Different subject, and you might be able to answer this seeing all the things you've done to yours. How are most people running wires? I thought I'd run through the roll cage but it's not hollow on the ends. I ran the speaker wires through some wire loom and zip tied to the bars, but I'm not loving the way it looks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Surprised by Bluetooth cutting out that is something we haven't experienced with any with any of our decks are you using iPhone? we added a bass speaker to ours. It's funny you bring up going through the ROPS because I did that on my previous p1000 but on my current model I have not just yet as we only had a week for the massive install. I hate the looks of wires as well and try to tuck everything up tight as we go through hell and back when we go out. The rear bar is the easiest to go through and we currently have most wires going through it however I don't have speaker wires through the fronts yet. I go into the bars just above the lower bolts and come out at the top. It works very nicely to do that as it also allows you to change windshields and run nothing. But it does take some time and I feel it's best to run a tube through for the wires then use expanding foam to regain any strength you lost with the holes.

Here is my last one as you can see it was real clean with wires. Just didn't have that time this time but it'll get there

Last edited:
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I got the Pioneer back from the dealership today. They said it was some "glitch" in the system that threw the code and all they had to do was reset it. Hope it's not something that's going to keep happening. I did add a hard top while I was there and I really like it.

How do you like the light bar down low like that instead of up under the top? I just ordered two of the cube lights today. I want to mount them where the fender bolts are like I've seen a couple of guys here do. I also ordered a wiring harness with relay and switch so it should be everything I need. Haven't done the dual battery yet but I plan to. I'll probably have questions about that these things too once I get started. I've found a lot of good ideas on here that I want to do on mine, so I'll probably have lots of questions!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well ask away there are lots of great designs and people that like to help. Anything I can do I sure will as well. About the light...I love it low! When I added joeys snorkel to the new one before the light was re added to this one I was worried it would be in the way but loved it so much it went back. There is so much flipping light the snorkel is never there. It's more accurate light below the eyes and never hits or snags anything plus that30 pounds on the roof really matters I have nothing heavy mounted up high including most of the stereo so yes I like there. One and only downfall is it only shines 100 yards instead of 150 but it puts better light on the 100. It does a better job casting slight shadows to give a better idea not only the terrain but the size and roll of the bumps. I had the light bar up high on four previous builds to the 1000 but every build I learn something it's more about function then looks. Understand over the last year I've done three very large scale builds on dependable vehicles and we've now changed our riding habits to about 75% night time rides so when we place a light it's not for looks or what's easy it's about being in the right spot with the right amount and a good visible degree. Most people haven't spent countless hours and filled holes because something didn't work or was too much. Above anything at night I feel we are lit up very well to say the least. Keep in mind you only have so many usable watts so overrated light in the wrong spot is a waste. Most people light is not as important as it is to us though.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I probably won't be doing much night riding, but want to get it set up so I can if I ever want to. I want to add a light bar but I might decide the cubes are enough for me. I imagine they will put out a good bit of light by themselves. If I do add a bar where you have yours I'll have to move the cubes, unless I get a small bar where the cubes arent in the way. I know I don't need a bar that big but it sure does look cool. I figure I can always move the cubes to the back for reverse lights if I decide to go a different route on the front. How is that bar mounted? I like your small bar in the bumper too. I might do something like that also. So many possibilities...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The light on the bumper is very simple and pretty effective actually. We don't run it with the 52 because there is no need however sometimes it fits in great. It's a 168 watt unit. Just simply bolts in at that spot. You have to flatten the lower lip just a little bit but pliers and a rag do a great job. No special bar mounts or anything additional needed. It's very solid and totally flush. Post 83 in "Cumminspusher the new ride" shows install on that. Really easy. Lots of ideas the ever growing watch list yes yes these things have a way about them!

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The light on the bumper is very simple and pretty effective actually. We don't run it with the 52 because there is no need however sometimes it fits in great. It's a 168 watt unit. Just simply bolts in at that spot. You have to flatten the lower lip just a little bit but pliers and a rag do a great job. No special bar mounts or anything additional needed. It's very solid and totally flush. Post 83 in "Cumminspusher the new ride" shows install on that. Really easy

Sent from iPhone
Yeah I saw that post and was thinking about doing that because it looks easy and fits perfectly like you said. I would think the 12 inch in the bumper plus the cubes would definitely be enough for me. Does the 12 inch go a decent distance at that level? I might try that. How did you mount the 52 in that location? Did you have to drill holes in the hood?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The center bar lights up distance very well and with it only you would need a little side light something like joeys setup with the cubes would be great. The shorter the light bar obviously the light doesn't go as far to the side but a combo with another to the side would work excellent. One addition that I really liked was the flush mount cubes into the sides of the bumper facia. They put side light out really well and are as cheap as the cubes. They never get in the way could be an option as well or even in addition to down the road. the 52 is mounted to the roll bars through the existing bolts. I mounted it in a way it won't impede with any windshield or accessory. I did place a center mount in just to make it that much more solid. You could tow a Polaris with it:) bar none the 52 is used and loved more then anything but if you're not planning to be out a whole lot then maybe not necessary but it cancels out all other lights including some of the side lights. Light is a good thing. Anything you add will help with the poor factory headlights just watch placement and tuck it in if in the sticks. Light is not light if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I probably won't be doing much night riding, but want to get it set up so I can if I ever want to. I want to add a light bar but I might decide the cubes are enough for me. I imagine they will put out a good bit of light by themselves. If I do add a bar where you have yours I'll have to move the cubes, unless I get a small bar where the cubes arent in the way. I know I don't need a bar that big but it sure does look cool. I figure I can always move the cubes to the back for reverse lights if I decide to go a different route on the front. How is that bar mounted? I like your small bar in the bumper too. I might do something like that also. So many possibilities...

If you get bored, this link may be of assistance. Check post [HASHTAG]#140[/HASHTAG] in my build. From post 140 and down, you will find lots of light pics showing the oem light, cubes, 40" bar

P1000m5 - Traveller II

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you get bored, this link may be of assistance. Check post [HASHTAG]#140[/HASHTAG] in my build. From post 140 and down, you will find lots of light pics showing the oem light, cubes, 40" bar

P1000m5 - Traveller II
Thanks Joey, I actually have that thread saved and keep going back to it for reference. Yours and CumminsPusher's new ride. I think I got the cube idea from you. I plan to start with the cubes pointing straight and if that's not enough I'll probably turn them like you have and add a bar. Do the cubes alone put out a good bit of light for you? It looks like they do. Did you put anything between the bracket and plastic to keep from scratching? I like those interior lights, too. They are bright!

I also want to do like you did where the warning label was with the radio and four switches. I like the abs with the push pins. I already installed the Infinity radio there and I think I have room for two rows of two switches beside it. I'm not really good at electrical stuff so I get sort of lost when y'all start talking about PDM's and all that, so I'm doing a little at a time. I've got a wiring harness coming with the cubes tomorrow, with relay and switch already wired, so hopefully that won't be too hard.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Definitely got the cube idea from Joey or someone that did. There is room for up to for in that area depending where your deck is

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely got the cube idea from Joey or someone that did. There is room for up to for in that area depending where your deck isView attachment 19115
I have my deck about where yours is, I mounted it as far to the left as I could so I'd have room for switches and things. I think I want to do two switches where yours are and another two where your voltmeter is. First switch is coming tomorrow and I think I'll put it where your left switch is and leave the rest of that area for future things.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wanted to show you these as well not sure if you're interested but they do make installation easier and gives the switches a very finished look. Also this carbon fiber decal under everything matches factory around the shifters. C6dbf3a23e1766569720f8ff020e269f00d957fd31f484f1477a90b122cb2f170ac7913483312cdc5e5d551fefa97da0

Sent from iPhone

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Joey, I actually have that thread saved and keep going back to it for reference. Yours and CumminsPusher's new ride. I think I got the cube idea from you. I plan to start with the cubes pointing straight and if that's not enough I'll probably turn them like you have and add a bar. Do the cubes alone put out a good bit of light for you? It looks like they do. Did you put anything between the bracket and plastic to keep from scratching? I like those interior lights, too. They are bright!

I also want to do like you did where the warning label was with the radio and four switches. I like the abs with the push pins. I already installed the Infinity radio there and I think I have room for two rows of two switches beside it. I'm not really good at electrical stuff so I get sort of lost when y'all start talking about PDM's and all that, so I'm doing a little at a time. I've got a wiring harness coming with the cubes tomorrow, with relay and switch already wired, so hopefully that won't be too hard.

For the mounting of those cubes, all I did was get a longer bolt. Nothing to protect the fender. I guess you could if you wanted to.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You think a thin piece of rubber under the light bracket would protect it from being scratched or moving Joey?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You think a thin piece of rubber under the light bracket would protect it from being scratched or moving Joey?

Either that or add a washer to space it up so it doesn't contact it.

I've got so many scratches, I just don't care.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hahaha true, one more question.... I plan on doing ten lighted rocker switches just like y'all , my question is at night when they are on is it too much light from them or are they dimmed ok and not too bright...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not for us at all it's just a nice blue glow. But if you have light bars and hook the backlights to headlight switch simply turn it off they won't help anymore anyways

Sent from iPhone

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thank you, just ordering all my stuff and didn't want the dash to blind me, y'all got it going on and just trying to do it up the right way

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
These damn things are addictive! I love watching the bug in someone! Sounds like you're going to have quite the system. Part of the reason we're all here is to learn more and help others. It's great to see people do that were all in it together

Sent from iPhone

advertisement