Pre Filter

M

Mollie46

Feb 18, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone made a mod on the under hood pre filter without going thru the hood, I just want to improve on the filter that is there, it only catches the big stuff, not a good filter.

longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think if you added a pre filter that would catch anything but the big stuff it would choke down the motor. I’m curious to see other responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Has anyone made a mod on the under hood pre filter without going thru the hood, I just want to improve on the filter that is there, it only catches the big stuff, not a good filter.
Yes.. many have

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
So what are they using, I want to make a change.
I just searched the site for "under hood filter" and found @hondabob method for doing it. There are others as well if you look around.

19000 Mile Report

Upload 2019 11 19 9 23 24

Reactions: JTW
longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will say Outerwears are the way to go in sandy/dusty conditions like what we go though out here in New Mexico, West Texas, and Arizona. I’ve used them on everything I’ve owned in the past that I built to go fast and was using K&N filters to replace stock filters. I haven’t looked to see what outerwear offers for the pioneer 1000-5 but then again I’m not trying to outrun everyone either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've done this, the first one is a paper filter the second one has a foam filter behind the snorkel head.
I use both, the paper for dusty conditions, the foam for wet.

Snorkel1
Snorkel2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!