P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

C

Chooglin

Hello friends,

Here is a little video for the Southwest ORV YouTube channel, in which I share a few of my P500 gripes.

Great video and thanks for mentioning the box. I am surprised you didn't mention the amount of or lack of leg room on this machine. Leg room is probably my biggest gripe..........4:50 in video ,who else makes a locker other than Torq-Masters ?

Last edited by a moderator:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Regardless of what brand or model sxs you buy there will be short comings. All of these issues have been addressed by our forum members by either fabricating our own fix or bugging the hell out of the aftermarket companies...except for the tilt steering wheel which is more of a personal thing I think and not an issue for me.
If Honda addressed some of these issues from the factory it would drive the price up to that of the competition or higher and some would claim that they didn't care or have a need for it.
I'm going on 4 yrs of beating on this machine, have put $10k or more into it after the initial purchase but not one dime has been for something broken. Highly doubt that a 2015 rzr owner could say the same. ;)

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Regardless of what brand or model sxs you buy there will be short comings. All of these issues have been addressed by our forum members by either fabricating our own fix or bugging the hell out of the aftermarket companies...except for the tilt steering wheel which is more of a personal thing I think and not an issue for me.
If Honda addressed some of these issues from the factory it would drive the price up to that of the competition or higher and some would claim that they didn't care or have a need for it.
I'm going on 4 yrs of beating on this machine, have put $10k or more into it after the initial purchase but not one dime has been for something broken. Highly doubt that a 2015 rzr owner could say the same. ;)

I totally agree. I have not had Little Red very long, but I love the machine. It does what I need it for.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Great video and thanks for mentioning the box. I am surprised you didn't mention the amount of or lack of leg room on this machine. Leg room is probably my biggest gripe..........4:50 in video ,who else makes a locker other than Torq-Masters ?
I’m short, as are my friends, so I guess the leg room has never occurred to me. Good question...I thought I had seen several. Perhaps I’m wrong.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I enjoyed the video, there’s not many out there on the p500. I agree on the lack of storage, they should have included something, there is literally zero storage from the factory.
Yeah, this one just seems like a glaring oversight to me. Not hard or expensive to include a small compartment somewhere in the cab.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll bet you’re right! These “5 things I hate” videos are very common/popular on the YouTube scene, so I figured I’d put one out there. Love the machine.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, this one just seems like a glaring oversight to me. Not hard or expensive to include a small compartment somewhere in the cab.
The box was on the mods i listed for you one time so no storage is on you. I'm just goving you a hard time so take no offence its just my nature.

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Buy the way you need to get started on the mod list I gave you a few posts back then once their installed you will have nothing to complain about.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Cool thing about these little machines, is they come in a very basic format and an entry level price. Now I’ll agree would be awesome to mix options from the factory, but the added cost would I think chase people away. In a way we get the best of both worlds sorta. Entry level cost, robust reliable machine... want it to ride better, add suspension parts custom to your needs. Similar to Trigger I’ve only replaced front and rear boots on mine (my fault) and a spark plug just cause, in respect to mechanical failure. Mods have been custom done by me to meet my specific needs and cost wise, away ahead of the game compared to factory and I have exactly what I want. Still not done yet (mods) and that’s also an attraction for me. Best bang for felt results, radials then Elkas Stage 3’s.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!