P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Salesman Ryan Bigham took this video at the dealer, on October 27th 2018. This is the first time I drove my new Pioneer 500 - call it the dealership "test run" before I loaded it up and took it home.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
This is a fun time-lapse video. Every year we have to trim this tree that sits next to our irrigation valve. It grows enormous over a 12-month period. Then we trim it all the way back, and start over. We usually drag all of the branches over to the burn pile, or cut them up and throw them away, but it's always been tedious. This year we just loaded them on the back of Rambo and it so much easier and faster! I love the flat rack on the little Pioneer.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I finally got around to it...and published the video of loading my new P500 into my pickup at the dealership, the day I bought it, Oct. 27th, 2018. I was filming, the dude in the yellow helmet works in the service department and wanted to load it...so I let him. The other guy watching is Ryan Bigham, my salesman. I'm very pleased with how well the P500 fits in the bed of the pickup, and also pleased with how little the P500 affects the pickup. It's really not that heavy of a load.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Nice set of video clips and suspect it will not be long the little one will want to drive and you ride shotgun, LOL... A comment on the hill climb ones, it will be interesting to see how the unit does in 2wd after the tires are replaced.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Nice set of video clips and suspect it will not be long the little one will want to drive and you ride shotgun, LOL... A comment on the hill climb ones, it will be interesting to see how the unit does in 2wd after the tires are replaced.
It's already happened! This past Saturday morning I took my 12-year-old son on an early morning ride with me, and he drove half the time! :) It made me happy though, he has alread got the shifting down, and I can just sit back and enjoy the scenery. My 9-year-old loves to take off in it too and drive. He does great. They had no issue figuring the little P5 out. I'm already itching for new tires, but I'm going to be patient and wear these ones out.

Reactions: Tuco69 and maddmax
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
It's already happened! This past Saturday morning I took my 12-year-old son on an early morning ride with me, and he drove half the time! :) It made me happy though, he has alread got the shifting down, and I can just sit back and enjoy the scenery. My 9-year-old loves to take off in it too and drive. He does great. They had no issue figuring the little P5 out. I'm already itching for new tires, but I'm going to be patient and wear these ones out.
The nice thing about your machine is the option paddle or full auto, a nice option for anyone wanting to drive one. Personally, I use the paddle shifter 95% of the time and if yours is like mine, it downshifts automatically when you let off so you are basically in the right gear to start shifting up again.

I don't remember my 2015 doing that, but may be someone here can chime in on the automatic downshifting on the 2015 model...

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
The nice thing about your machine is the option paddle or full auto, a nice option for anyone wanting to drive one. Personally, I use the paddle shifter 95% of the time and if yours is like mine, it downshifts automatically when you let off so you are basically in the right gear to start shifting up again.

I don't remember my 2015 doing that, but may be someone here can chime in on the automatic downshifting on the 2015 model...
You're right, I do like that it always "homes" to 2nd gear. I think Honda did great on this little machine. I think it's fun using the paddle shifters. I AM curious to see if things smooth out even more with some break-in miles and sythetic lubricants.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
You're right, I do like that it always "homes" to 2nd gear. I think Honda did great on this little machine. I think it's fun using the paddle shifters. I AM curious to see if things smooth out even more with some break-in miles and sythetic lubricants.
It will be like butter around 700 miles! So, go have fun, LOL...

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
You won't wait till they wear out the itch will get worse as the weeks go by . Buying them is the only way to stop it

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I sold my take offs with 50-70 miles and invested in the next set, so upgrading quickly may be worth it......

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm already itching for new tires, but I'm going to be patient and wear these ones out.
:D:D You’ll justify them as safety for the boys or something, a set of spares in the garage.....you’ll find something to say to mama. Do post pics of those new tires when they arrive now.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
:D:D You’ll justify them as safety for the boys or something, a set of spares in the garage.....you’ll find something to say to mama. Do post pics of those new tires when they arrive now.
By now you know that I will. BTW, some of my new goodies arrived from RMATV today. I'll post them when I get them installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!