P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Clothes are here, just gotta put them on. :) Yesterday I installed side mirrors. Monday night going to install the Honda bimini roof. Wednesday of next week...sand dunes all day! Life is good.
I try to be encouraging and supportive plus she will get over it quicker than you think.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Here's a little clip my 9-yr-old son took during our last ride out to the woods. This ravine is pretty sketchy in-person - you know how video makes everything look smaller, etc. Anyhow, we had to cross this ravine (former site of a railroad track/bridge) to continue our adventure...and I took the chance. Rambo did awesome, better than I expected.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here's a little clip my 9-yr-old son took during our last ride out to the woods. This ravine is pretty sketchy in-person - you know how video makes everything look smaller, etc. Anyhow, we had to cross this ravine (former site of a railroad track/bridge) to continue our adventure...and I took the chance. Rambo did awesome, better than I expected.
Glad to see you’re wearing a helmet. The P5 is a very tippy machine, You’re likely to have it on its side before you’re done. With 6” of travel that teeter totter is what you get, the 1000 would have kept all four feet on the ground going through that.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Glad to see you’re wearing a helmet. The P5 is a very tippy machine, You’re likely to have it on its side before you’re done. With 6” of travel that teeter totter is what you get, the 1000 would have kept all four feet on the ground going through that.
It’s possible I’ll end up on my side someday. You’ll know when it happens.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
You've all been giving me a hard time about accessories...so here's the beginning: Prior to hitting the sand dunes this past week I installed this "TUSK" whip flag mount. Works great! Bought it at Rocky Mountain ATV - TUSK is the in-house brand for RMATVMC.
Tusk UTV Vertical Flag Mount

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Nice whip, but we were thinking more on the line of roof, windshield, storage, lighting, tunes, winch.....etc.
Jeez! Tough crowd. ;) I’ve already installed the roof and mirrors, I’ll post those too. One piece at a time.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Indeed, one piece at a time.....;)
And here's the next piece. Drum roll.....Honda Signature Accessories Bimini Top. I like it! Great product. Gave us shade all day while at the sand dunes. Reasonable price. Quality construction. Easy to install.

Reactions: Chooglin
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
It is looking really good you are making progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthwestORV
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Great to see you and yours enjoying the P5. Do you still have the Honda XR's?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And here's the next piece. Drum roll.....Honda Signature Accessories Bimini Top. I like it! Great product. Gave us shade all day while at the sand dunes. Reasonable price. Quality construction. Easy to install.
Cool, what’s the next planned mod??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So, you can see in that last video that I installed side mirrors. I'll post that install/review video here in the next few days - Maverick Advantage rear view (side) mirrors.
Need ya some sand tires now that will sling it out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!