P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
Good tire choice, and so hard to hide from mama. Good luck with your defroster.
Yea mamas got eagle eyes! For the defroster I don’t want to spend hundreds to buy a heater so I’m thinking of picking up a power steering cooler and trying that inside of a box. I’m going to use an engine compartment blower from my boat and the duct work from Summit Racing but I’m still gathering stuff.

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
Window defroster

Thanks for the tip but I’m trying to plumb in a defroster using the Summit Racing defroster kit. It seems I have the bug. I’ve had the 500 for less than a month and already have installed a Honda roof and full windshield, Bronco mirrors, made a box with spare tire rack,and a homemade rear bumper. I have temporarily tried a plumbed in defroster using a homemade fairing around the head for heat. It worked not too bad until I splashed through the first puddle ;)
A tachometer, interior lights, back up LED’s and a light bar just happened to arrive at post office today.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the tip but I’m trying to plumb in a defroster using the Summit Racing defroster kit. It seems I have the bug. I’ve had the 500 for less than a month and already have installed a Honda roof and full windshield, Bronco mirrors, made a box with spare tire rack,and a homemade rear bumper. I have temporarily tried a plumbed in defroster using a homemade fairing around the head for heat. It worked not too bad until I splashed through the first puddle ;)
A tachometer, interior lights, back up LED’s and a light bar just happened to arrive at post office today.
Wow!! Pics?
I’ve got the bug, but not the cash.

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
CDDFA22B D0F1 40AB B5A8 4D51C4A587B5
5086E3A8 F7AB 4487 B13D 6011A2CD4A3D
58626700 B064 433D B6A2 9777C3AD2FD7
Wow!! Pics?
I’ve got the bug, but not the cash.
I’m going to be busy putting more stuff on tomorrow so I’ll post more in a few days

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yea mamas got eagle eyes! For the defroster I don’t want to spend hundreds to buy a heater so I’m thinking of picking up a power steering cooler and trying that inside of a box. I’m going to use an engine compartment blower from my boat and the duct work from Summit Racing but I’m still gathering stuff.
I love the innovation. :cool:

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
It’s looking great! Show us your progress tomorrow if you get around to it.
Kinda hard to see the interior lights but they’re those cheap LED strips from Amazon and only got one headlight on and a switch panel hooked up today. I also installed a wireless remote for my winch but it went poof when I tried it, so it came back out. I got a cool 5 switch panel also from Amazon and mounted it under the reverse lock out lever (lever disconnected) but it was too dark to take the picture so I’ll post a pic later.

36EE0EC1 0A26 49E4 9067 F102ECD08302

advertisement
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Kinda hard to see the interior lights but they’re those cheap LED strips from Amazon and only got one headlight on and a switch panel hooked up today. I also installed a wireless remote for my winch but it went poof when I tried it, so it came back out. I got a cool 5 switch panel also from Amazon and mounted it under the reverse lock out lever (lever disconnected) but it was too dark to take the picture so I’ll post a pic later.

View attachment 97756
Heck yeah, that looks awesome! I wish I wasn't so intimidated by electrical shtuff.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here is another video of some 4x4 obstacles we rode through while exploring some of the cool remote washes in this area.
Lol, thought you was stuck there for a minute. :D

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Cool video SouthWest. I love your riding areas! Keep them coming
The best part about my riding area is that it's vast. In a lifetime I could never explore everything around me - so much open country, so few people, few laws, no oversight, nobody cares = OHV dream.

Reactions: Backwoods and lee
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I bet if you go inside and leave the "teenage boys" out there alone, you will see dust flying around :)
Oh absolutely. I'm a believer in adult supervision on this one. My boys get too confident quickly behind the wheel of the P500. They learned how to shift already on the little CRF dirt bikes, so now the Pioneer is intuitive and they take to it like a pig to mud. They LOVE it. But they start getting gutsier, cornering more quickly, etc, and I don't want to be a statistic so I just stick around and they keep it in check. They've both taken enough spills on the dirt bikes they know how it feels to crash so I can let them dirt bike on their own and they self manage very well. But they have not (and hopefully will not) experienced a wreck in the P500...

advertisement