chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lm pretty tight when it comes to my money. I have lots of wants and don't want to make bad choices on mods because more than likely I'd be stuck with the choice. Which mod was your fav and best that you don't believe their could have been a better choice? Which did you say oh snap that looks better? I did a micro fiber wrap and love the black but am not happy with the install work.. Me..

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lm pretty tight when it comes to my money. I have lots of wants and don't want to make bad choices on mods because more than likely I'd be stuck with the choice. Which mod was your fav and best that you don't believe their could have been a better choice? Which did you say oh snap that looks better? I did a micro fiber wrap and love the black but am not happy with the install work.. Me..
Wheel, winch and brush guard made a huge difference no cons

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For me everything is practical. The roof is a no brainer, I'm a white boy and will burn quick. Wind shield for cool weather and/or rainy weather. Winch- no brainer. Skid plates- again, no brainer. I don't add anything for looks or because everyone else is doing it.

So, take a practical approach and see which category is more important to you and then research the options for different winches, bumpers, skids, lifts, etc.

I will be glad to share my experiences on any of my mods if you specifically ask about a particular one.

My favorite mods would be tough to answer. I will help with anything you see on my build thread.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me everything is practical. The roof is a no brainer, I'm a white boy and will burn quick. Wind shield for cool weather and/or rainy weather. Winch- no brainer. Skid plates- again, no brainer. I don't add anything for looks or because everyone else is doing it.

So, take a practical approach and see which category is more important to you and then research the options for different winches, bumpers, skids, lifts, etc.

I will be glad to share my experiences on any of my mods if you specifically ask about a particular one.

My favorite mods would be tough to answer. I will help with anything you see on my build thread.

I try to keep up with yours and jackal and anything that comes up really. Most big news people would prolly start a new thread but not all so I guess this was about tidbit info. Example I would have thought the 30 evo's ran true. I really like reading the builds and wish I could start doing instead of talking is all

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with Joey, in my opinion the windshield, roof, and winch are a must. after that, the full skid plate was probably the most important to me... and it wasn't cheap so it was a big deal, but the peace of mind and confidence of a full skid is a huge plus when the going gets rocky.
my buddy who rides with me commented that the stereo was his favorite mod that I did. I too enjoy having tunes, but I consider this a convenience mod (not mandatory) that came towards the end.
the extra lights in front and back are another convenience mod... definitely a welcome addition.
since my bighorns only have 300 miles, I won't be worrying about tires any time soon... plan on getting my moneys worth out of them.
another simple and relatively inexpensive convenience mod that I did lately was adding the kno knoise material to the underside of the plastic piece between the seat and seat back. I also added this to the underside of the plastic piece behind the seat back and to the back of the seat itself. it didn't reduce noise very much but it did cut out a lot of the heat that I was getting in the cab. I plan to add more of it to the underside of the rear floor boards to further reduce the heat and try to eliminate some noise.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I love my roof, 2 piece windshield, Highlifter 2.5 lift, soft rear panel (cuts down dust in cab), rear bumper, bed mat, and truck tires (about 100 miles one them). Don't have much time on the Roctane XS but I like the looks of them.

Con: The one thing I bought I wasn't real happy with was the floor mat. I had to drill holes in the floor to put it in only down side about them.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I love my roof, 2 piece windshield, Highlifter 2.5 lift, soft rear panel (cuts down dust in cab), rear bumper, bed mat, and truck tires (about 100 miles one them). Don't have much time on the Roctane XS but I like the looks of them.

Con: The one thing I bought I wasn't real happy with was the floor mat. I had to drill holes in the floor to put it in only down side about them.
Do you thing those floor mats reduce noise in the cab?

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Do you thing those floor mats reduce noise in the cab?
I have no idea. It's possible. I drove my rig off the trailer and straight into the shop to put all my accessories on before I actually did any riding

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I had to put in some kinda of order a winch would be first. You may rarely use it but stuck is stuck. In our area a roof and windshield would be next just because of our climate. After that back up lights.
Speaking of weather today is April the 9th and this is the view from my house.

Image I

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
Buck I had that crappy white stuff yesterday morning I wish it would warm up soon.
What I need for the winter around here is a good snow plow, cab, heater, and lots of lights. So far I'm not impressed with the Honda full cab or heater. I guess a good stereo would be nice too.

advertisement