P1000 Proud new papa!

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait a minute. Are you telling me you actually volunteered for FWA? o_O Did you bump your head? Just kidding. The funny thing about me is that I've been in AK for over 16 years, and the only time I've been to Fairbanks is in either January or February. -50 is just COLD!
Haha. Yeah, we were here from 2009-2012. We loved it. Soon as we got back to NC, I started trying to get back. It definitely has its moments where it is colder than I want but for a family that revolves around hunting and fishing, there is no better place on earth than Alaska. This year caribou hunting on atv' was pretty miserable. It was only 20 degrees but on a atv with no windshield, it might as well been -100. I'm looking forward to a windshield and roof and heat this year in the sxs!!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha. Yeah, we were here from 2009-2012. We loved it. Soon as we got back to NC, I started trying to get back. It definitely has its moments where it is colder than I want but for a family that revolves around hunting and fishing, there is no better place on earth than Alaska. This year caribou hunting on atv' was pretty miserable. It was only 20 degrees but on a atv with no windshield, it might as well been -100. I'm looking forward to a windshield and roof and heat this year in the sxs!!
Yep, you'll love it for that. I was up on the Denali Hwy when the hunt opened back up on October 21st. It's great having a windshield. It was also great having a 4 season tent and a big buddy heater. It was 15 to 20 below that night.

Reactions: sharp and JTW