P1000 Question 2016 Clutch Upgrade,

L

Loren

Dec 29, 2015
I have a 2016 P1000 and I live in Costa Rica. I have held off on the upgrades from Honda until they had time to get everything figured out. 6,000 miles and only a shift cable up to this point but thought it would be good to fix before needed. Surprised that the dealer in Costa Rica needs to know what is wrong and then look into ordering parts. I thought all 2016 units were covered. Does anyone know who I could contact in Honda to get this done?

Reactions: sharp
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Anything we say may be different for you.
The clutch update discussed on the forum is done by American Honda.
Honda Canada has followed American Honda in the clutch update.

You should look at your paperwork / owners manual and see how to contact Honda (above the dealership level).
They should know what the official story is.
It seems typical in the USA for the dealers to have differing levels of support.
So I wouldn't be surprised if find a similar situation.

Let us know how it works out.
Posting your experience may help someone else down the the road.
Good luck!

costaricaroad

costaricaroad

Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2018
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello I also live in Costa Rica. I had both the clutch and heat shield warranty done last week. They were very professional and returned the 1000-5 washed and clean.you should call Sana and ask.
Pura Vida I. t took three weeks for the parts to arrive.

L

Loren

Dec 29, 2015
Hello I also live in Costa Rica. I had both the clutch and heat shield warranty done last week. They were very professional and returned the 1000-5 washed and clean.you should call Sana and ask.
Pura Vida I. t took three weeks for the parts to arrive.
What dealer did you use or did you go to San Jose? My dealer is San Isidro but everything goes thru San Jose I am told.
Loren

L

Loren

Dec 29, 2015
Anything we say may be different for you.
The clutch update discussed on the forum is done by American Honda.
Honda Canada has followed American Honda in the clutch update.

You should look at your paperwork / owners manual and see how to contact Honda (above the dealership level).
They should know what the official story is.
It seems typical in the USA for the dealers to have differing levels of support.
So I wouldn't be surprised if find a similar situation.

Let us know how it works out.
Posting your experience may help someone else down the the road.
Good luck!

L

Loren

Dec 29, 2015
Thank's for the information. I thought the fix was by Honda Corp not just Honda America.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I think the fix is from Honda in Japan.
But the local Honda company usually handles distribution.

When the Pioneer 500 was released customers in the US got a sticker to cover up some sticker that said the vehicle complied with some obscure standard or something.
But in Canada they got new shocks that lowers the ride hight and got to keep there sticker.
Because of different laws and local customs the local branch of 'Honda ' has to figure out what the rules will be.

But it sounds like the update is available to you.
Keep pushing to find a dealer that can take care of it!

costaricaroad

costaricaroad

Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2018
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is only one Honda Dealer in Costa Rica for warranty. It is SANA in San Jose.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!