P1000 Question on extended warranty

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I have a few questions on this as well...

I am at 37xx trouble free miles, except for a rear diff seal. Fixed under 1 yr. factory warranty.

Now it's time to buy my extended, and I have called my dealer a month ago to see the price. 620$

I'm not made of money so I'd have to round that up. (Should have purchased when buying sxs btw.) Now I call yesterday to tell them I'm ready. She says warranty on the 1000 went up in April to $800. And all of Florida is locked in at the new $800 rate.

I told her to see what she could do about getting the original rate we had discussed locked in. She is "suppose" to be calling me back.

1. Is she blowing smoke?
2. Has anyone else heard of the warranty prices going up on the 1000?
3. Should I shop around and see what other dealerships are charging for extended warranties? Lost cause?
4. Do I have to necessarily be at dealership to purchase the warranty or is it a purchase over the phone type deal?

Please guys... Help me with this. I have until July 1st.

Until then I'll be selling my right arm, and my first born to get the rest of the money up. J/K

Reactions: Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
The warranty on Ebay went from $400 to over $1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!