P700 Rattling in engine compartment

Wingnurse32

Wingnurse32

Jun 3, 2015
Dutton, AL
Has anyone else noticed rattle in the engine compartment at idle and at lower RPMs. I noticed that the engine & exhaust both mount to a U-shaped bracket that's mounted to the frame. At idle the bracket actually moves back & forth in its frame mount. I'm assuming it was designed to do that. I didn't take mine back for the 100 hour service. Was planning on waiting a year to service it.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Has anyone else noticed rattle in the engine compartment at idle and at lower RPMs. I noticed that the engine & exhaust both mount to a U-shaped bracket that's mounted to the frame. At idle the bracket actually moves back & forth in its frame mount. I'm assuming it was designed to do that. I didn't take mine back for the 100 hour service. Was planning on waiting a year to service it.
Did you check all the clamps on the heat shields? the u shaped frame was intended to isolate the engine vibes from the rest of the buggy. why would you skip your initial service? At a minimum I would a least change the engine oil and filter, the following pic is from my dismantled filter, many have reported back finding more 20150419 161345 zpsqqcnlicv chunks in theirs than I found in mine.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes he is right,Do not skip the service.Change oil-filter,and clean air cleaner.Also do yourself a favor and check the whole machine out.Take care of her and she will take care of you.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Thought it was 20 hrs or 100 miles to first service? Am I wrong?

Reactions: Joedaddy
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thought it was 20 hrs or 100 miles to first service? Am I wrong?

You are correct 20 engine HOURS or 100 MILES for initial service not 100 hours.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im pretty sure he got the miles and hrs. Mixed up.cause if not that oil is gonna be a little dark....

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Im pretty sure he got the miles and hrs. Mixed up.cause if not that oil is gonna be a little dark....
Yeh thought so just wasn't around my manual wanted make sure I didn't misread, thanks

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey I have that rattleing,but it was my rear brakes,It quit around 700 miles or so...Im really surprised no one else didn't gripe about it cause it was loud and annoying

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My rear brakes rattle so loud when braking.

I also got a rattling muffler.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a muffler rattle at idle. I say muffler because when I grab the muffler to keep it from shaking the noise goes away. It probably could be a lot of other things

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I've had a "growing" rattle on my 700-4. I found a nut laying on my trailer one evening when unloading and didnt where it went and I've had a constant rattle for a while. I found the 2 bolts behind the seat back that bolt the cage together had came loose and rattling. Replaced the nut that came off which I had lost and tightened the other one and no more rattle. 2016 03 17 214321

Rvon

Rvon

Supporting Member
Nov 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
I have a muffler rattle at idle. I say muffler because when I grab the muffler to keep it from shaking the noise goes away. It probably could be a lot of other things
I had a rattle sounded like it was coming from the engine compartment. It was the door. But then again I'm really darn near deaf.

Reactions: Farmer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!