P500 Rear basket

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
Post #60!! I gave you two options. This is another option, and perhaps the best.
Forklift mat- Absorbent mat for under your forklift.

They are sending me a sample. I can get a 6'x10' mat shipped for under $100.00, which is enough to do two P-5's. I'd be happy to share with you if you're interested.

Thanks Monte. I checked on the forklift mat with AbsorbentsOnline. That product looks great and would do me just fine, but their shipping costs are expensive, probably due to the weight. And, I would expect shipping cost from your place to down here in mid-Georgia would run about the same. And that's not to mention the bunch of work on your part to re-ship.

I'll check around here and see if I can find some locally, or a close facsimile.
Thanks again for the offer though.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks Monte. I checked on the forklift mat with AbsorbentsOnline. That product looks great and would do me just fine, but their shipping costs are expensive, probably due to the weight. And, I would expect shipping cost from your place to down here in mid-Georgia would run about the same. And that's not to mention the bunch of work on your part to re-ship.

I'll check around here and see if I can find some locally, or a close facsimile.
No problem Gem. I didn't even check the shipping price, the mat cost compared with others I've been looking at was so much lower. They are sending me a sample, I'll decide after I get that. In the mean time, please post anything suitable that you may find. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Update. I can get a 3'x150' absorbent rug mat, 3/8" thick, charcoal gray, delivered for $118.00!!!! Suitable for oil, battery acid, anti-freeze, solvents, etc. that would do the rear deck of about 35 P-5's lol. I'm sure I could get 5' off that roll delivered to you for $30.00 or less. 10' if you'd want to replace it eventually or switch them out.

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Montecresto..... I don't know you but after reading post after post from you I know that you are first class. The World needs more like you. Always out to help others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto..... I don't know you but after reading post after post from you I know that you are first class. The World needs more like you. Always out to help others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Newfiebullet.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
S

Sledge

Sure enough. I have tested MC's kindness and patience more than once, but he hangs in with me. Not sure why.

Good man, that one.

Joe

M

Michaeljanis

Oct 13, 2018
13601p
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 14548 Received and installed the $95 Curt rack (marked down from $220) this morning. No drama.

I would describe build quality as adequate for my purposes. It is fully supported by the Honda rack, so I won't be asking a lot from it. I wanted a solid floor and sides, and got that.

I'm going to cut a 1/2" rubber stall mat to fit, for Sally's paws, for quiet, and also for cargo traction.

I mounted it so I have 1 1/2" access all around to the Honda rack for lashing, straps, and bungees.

It'll do.

Joe
So how did you mount it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!