Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Q
Those fire proof mats are for Polaris owners only.........lmao
I've had a Polaris Ranger 700 since 2009. I installed a lumber rack on it and transported all the lumber to a remote property to build a cabin. Transported 210,000 pounds of rock and eight cord of firewood a year. Used the winch to build 4 miles of fencing, haul several dump bed loads of barn yard to the garden annually. I've had it to the shop for all its scheduled maintenance, replaced the battery twice, and that's it. It has never once broke down, has 4,000 miles on it, the original break linings and the original belt. I'm not sure why the PoPo gets such a bad rap at Hondasxs.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 14744 Q

I've had a Polaris Ranger 700 since 2009. I installed a lumber rack on it and transported all the lumber to a remote property to build a cabin. Transported 210,000 pounds of rock and eight cord of firewood a year. Used the winch to build 4 miles of fencing, haul several dump bed loads of barn yard to the garden annually. I've had it to the shop for all its scheduled maintenance, replaced the battery twice, and that's it. It has never once broke down, has 4,000 miles on it, the original break linings and the original belt. I'm not sure why the PoPo gets such a bad rap at Hondasxs.
Can't argue with a good first hand experience. I am glad you've had such good luck with it. Unfortunately my experiences with brand "P" haven't been as pleasant. I guess I'm just guilty of venting my frustrations.

Regardless, it's pretty cool you got so much accomplished with your Ranger.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Can't argue with a good first hand experience. I am glad you've had such good luck with it. Unfortunately my experiences with brand "P" haven't been as pleasant. I guess I'm just guilty of venting my frustrations.

Regardless, it's pretty cool you got so much accomplished with your Ranger.
I hear ya. I hope that post wasn't mistaken for something it wasn't. I love my P-5 and its my ultimate trail machine. It's not a ranch tool. I wouldn't pretend to compare the two.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I hear ya. I hope that post wasn't mistaken for something it wasn't. I love my P-5 and its my ultimate trail machine. It's not a ranch tool. I wouldn't pretend to compare the two.
Not mistaken, absolutely no offense to me, if that's how u think I took it. Sharing info, good and bad, is what it's all about man. If that machine treated me as good As it did you, I'd be singing its praises too.

It's always nice to have different machines for different purposes. My P500 is my all around machine. I use it for work and play. When I want to go faster, I have others for that purpose. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not mistaken, absolutely no offense to me, if that's how u think I took it. Sharing info, good and bad, is what it's all about man. If that machine treated me as good As it did you, I'd be singing its praises too.

It's always nice to have different machines for different purposes. My P500 is my all around machine. I use it for work and play. When I want to go faster, I have others for that purpose. :)
No, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was pimping PoPo on a Honda forum. I love my Honda Pioneer 500, and I love my Polaris Ranger. I just had never understood the criticisms that they get. Guess I got a cherry. But my P-5 is the premier trail machine!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 14744 Q

Maybe you got the good one I've heard there are a few. I'd keep it if I were you or run like hell. Ive never heard a Polaris guy say Hondas aren't dependable it's only the other way around. I'm sorry I'm so bias but they have cost me so much money in just depreciation alone. I've had major problems with Polaris. Can-am too. I will say I don't do maintenance very often but even then 4000 just isn't many miles on a Honda. We put 2700 on our 700-4 in 8months last year with only 4 oil changes that's it. No valve adjusted nothing. I've had it all and I'll never go back! I've seen 10-15000 on Honda quads that are still one pull when was the last time you saw that with a Polaris quad? Crap I've got over 14k on my Honda dirtbike and just over 10k on my wife's. Can't imagine buying a Polaris dirtbike or car or lawnmower or generator... I've gotten rid of all but my 2013 Polaris it's only got 3100 I've done soooo much to it. Our Honda has pulled the popo back to camp 4 times granted two were "just wet belt" It was in the shop for two different recalls and countless times it wouldn't run or function. If I keep it another two years itll cost me more in maintenance then the machine did new. That's no b.s. I'm glad yours is still doing well for you as honestly I wish no harm on anyone we all work to hard for our money it's nice to see it last sometimes. Please understand that views like mine are not shared by everyone on this site and I've put lots of hard miles on things but do expect more then I was given from a 10-20k rig. Polaris does have some very good qualities but dependably is not one of them.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 14744 Q

Well I haven't spoken out against the PoPo, but... This is me being pulled home by a Scion Xb after I broke down. The next is me being pulled home by another PoPo. Again me being pulled home by another PoPo. Oh and I have pulled them both after they broke down as well;). This is my 2011 Honda foreman pulling my buddies PoPo. It has never failed me nor have I ever been pulled home while riding it! One more photo of my 2008 Polaris Ranger Crew 700 EFI. Recently retired. By the way when it wasn't breaking down it was a tank! Image

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Maybe you got the good one I've heard there are a few. I'd keep it if I were you or run like hell. Ive never heard a Polaris guy say Hondas aren't dependable it's only the other way around. I'm sorry I'm so bias but they have cost me so much money in just depreciation alone. I've had major problems with Polaris. Can-am too. I will say I don't do maintenance very often but even then 4000 just isn't many miles on a Honda. We put 2700 on our 700-4 in 8months last year with only 4 oil changes that's it. No valve adjusted nothing. I've had it all and I'll never go back! I've seen 10-15000 on Honda quads that are still one pull when was the last time you saw that with a Polaris quad? Crap I've got over 14k on my Honda dirtbike and just over 10k on my wife's. Can't imagine buying a Polaris dirtbike or car or lawnmower or generator... I've gotten rid of all but my 2013 Polaris it's only got 3100 I've done soooo much to it. Our Honda has pulled the popo back to camp 4 times granted two were "just wet belt" It was in the shop for two different recalls and countless times it wouldn't run or function. If I keep it another two years itll cost me more in maintenance then the machine did new. That's no b.s. I'm glad yours is still doing well for you as honestly I wish no harm on anyone we all work to hard for our money it's nice to see it last sometimes. Please understand that views like mine are not shared by everyone on this site and I've put lots of hard miles on things but do expect more then I was given from a 10-20k rig. Polaris does have some very good qualities but dependably is not one of them.
My Polaris isn't a trail machine. With a few exceptions, it's spent it's life on my 160 acre ranch, and the gravel County roads around it, working its ass off. That's where the 4,000 miles came from. But I don't need to say anymore than that, I've had a damn good one, but I've never tried to compare my Polaris with Mt P-5. the P-5 is the trail KING, IMO.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 14781 View attachment 14780 View attachment 14778 View attachment 14777 View attachment 14776
Well I haven't spoken out against the PoPo, but... This is me being pulled home by a Scion Xb after I broke down. The next is me being pulled home by another PoPo. Again me being pulled home by another PoPo. Oh and I have pulled them both after they broke down as well;). This is my 2011 Honda foreman pulling my buddies PoPo. It has never failed me nor have I ever been pulled home while riding it! One more photo of my 2008 Polaris Ranger Crew 700 EFI. Recently retired. By the way when it wasn't breaking down it was a tank! View attachment 14779
Oh boy! HONDA IS THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody should be happy now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great pics @Eltobgi I didn't start taking pics really until last year so you beat me there I only have a few and by then we had already gotten rid of all our "problem vehicles " other then our 750x2. But I've got a few pics of those.
First pic is wet belt "oh yay honda can't do that" 4 belts in this thing needs another but we continued the night 3 girls on the Polaris (trailered of course) 4 guys on the Honda but we even went the long way around with some beers and tunes because sitting on a trailer it was dependable so party on/second is valves tightened so much it wouldn't run 20 miles out gave no sign had to yard out and tow home/third pic wheel bearing let loose and wheel pretty much fell off my daughter steered the pioneer back to camp towing it/forth picture...oops late night fun in the 700-4. We trailer it a lot when it's broken saves on the wheel bearings. I will say our rzr was a very good vehicle (except for rattles) until around 1100 then all hell broke loose. The Commander was an absolute joy till it wasn't, I did like that one truly but still problems, no rubber band for me again.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like FUN to me CP!!!!!!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Oh boy! HONDA IS THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody should be happy now.
Yes, Honda is very impressive! By the way, I was not attempting to insult you or your views, but rather help you understand why some feel the way they feel and share the things they share, and why many hold Honda in high regards! Like I said before, When it wasn't breaking down It was a tank! People still tell stories of what I conquered while behind the wheel like...the one time when my reverse was out and i was forced to make a new trail through standing trees and aver downed trees over 1 ft wide and other machines attempted to follow but could not. But because the machine was used for both recreation and work it became a money pit for me. I have replaced or rebuilt just about everything on the Polaris, but that CVT system could not hold up to the abuse i would put it through. For me, I couldn't be happier about my Honda P1K5D!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes and I apologize for being so negative against some of the other brands but I absolutely HATE being stranded 25 miles from destinations. It happened to me ALOT with utvs and quads if it wasn't Honda. Even our old beat up ex400 was awesome. We were always concerned a little about going alone and would carry tools and a belt. With either of our pioneers we've NEVER BEEN WORRIED. I lost so much money on maintaining,parts and depreciation on the others. I owed for 7 months on the rzr after we sold it (still low miles) it was very nicely equipped and I did thousands to it and had a fantastic percentage rate in it. Yes I'm a hatter but that's my story. Others do have better I'm sure. So I'm sorry for downing a rig but it's very hard for me not to. I even got on that site occasionally and a couldn't believe what I heard. No wonder they don't bother making them better.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, Honda is very impressive! By the way, I was not attempting to insult you or your views, but rather help you understand why some feel the way they feel and share the things they share, and why many hold Honda in high regards! Like I said before, When it wasn't breaking down It was a tank! People still tell stories of what I conquered while behind the wheel like...the one time when my reverse was out and i was forced to make a new trail through standing trees and aver downed trees over 1 ft wide and other machines attempted to follow but could not. But because the machine was used for both recreation and work it became a money pit for me. I have replaced or rebuilt just about everything on the Polaris, but that CVT system could not hold up to the abuse i would put it through. For me, I couldn't be happier about my Honda P1K5D!
Absolutely no offense taken, no worries. I'm sorry you didn't have the hard working Polaris I do. And just to repeat, I too love my Honda. It's accessorised to the max and is the trail King. I have no accessories on the Polaris that weren't on it when I bought. Thanks buddy.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
On the lighter side @Montecresto hopefully this year still if I can get enough out of my x2 I plan on putting money down on a p5. I had the 700 really liked it love the 1000 but with all the good things said here about the 500 I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on that. It's the same footprint as our x2 and sounds like a blast. I'm think I'd really set it up for heavy stuff without most of what our 1000 has. More of a bare bones rugged thing. If I had as good of luck as you on others I would be fighting the other way possibly and don't mean to down anything anyone else has sometimes it's just not for me. I think different rigs are better with certain people and for us both the 700 and 1000 have suited our heavy ass needs perfectly. We will continue to build on what we have done but I go off of experience and mine has taught me that for our high needs in dependability and lack of maintenance I need to stick with Honda. I'm glad your Ranger has suited you like ours has us and I wish you many many more miles of smiles. Truly.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still waffling between the P1000-3 and a P500. I have no doubt that the P500 will transport the three cords of wood I use per year and any log dragging I need done. I am beginning to think we need one of each. Lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
ah ha - Got it. There's on about a million better choices out there. Horse matt isn't one of them, and naturally that's the one I had chosen. Back to ground zero.
Post #60!! I gave you two options. This is another option, and perhaps the best.
Forklift mat- Absorbent mat for under your forklift.

They are sending me a sample. I can get a 6'x10' mat shipped for under $100.00, which is enough to do two P-5's. I'd be happy to share with you if you're interested.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!