P1000m5 Rear seat belt buckle rattling

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With seat back in the folded position the belt buckles rattle which is very annoying sounds like someone tap dancing. There is movement up and down and forward and backwards have put foam on buckles abut still hearing rattle and think from up and down movement. Was wondering how to quiet it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've never heard that myself and I haven't heard of anybody else saying it but it sounds like if you have the rattling sound maybe Honda left out the springs that keep those seatbelt buckles hill down?

Anytime someone has a sound like that, it's usually the bed latches. Have you checked those out?

If you think it is for sure the belt buckles, pack a towel or some shop rags around them when the seats are folded down and it shouldn't be anything you'll have to worry about.

J

Jshell3

With seat back in the folded position the belt buckles rattle which is very annoying sounds like someone tap dancing. There is movement up and down and forward and backwards have put foam on buckles abut still hearing rattle and think from up and down movement. Was wondering how to quiet it.
Top parts or bottom parts do you think?
(Sorry in advance for the obvious question that follows)

You do know that you hang the tops when not in use. ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!