Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 84478 View attachment 84480 View attachment 84481 View attachment 84479 View attachment 84482 View attachment 84483 View attachment 84484 View attachment 84485 View attachment 84486 View attachment 84487 View attachment 84488 View attachment 84489 View attachment 84490 View attachment 84491 View attachment 84492

started with a 15 x 20 piece of plate and cut a 7 x 10 triangle out of the lower left corner.. I used that piece to weld underneath. I have a break, but a sturdy table and some angle iron will let you do the same thing. Put everything back together this afternoon, looks like it may work for the rear passenger floor. Wondering if the 3's have the same degree of heat problem as the 5's? Haven't seen one, but you might could make this much bigger on a 3 and really knock down some of that heat. Will let you know how this works as soon as I try it out, maybe this weekend.
Let us know how this works, Ive done all the heat shielding I can come up with, it all helps , but I'll probably go fan.

Poppaj

Poppaj

Apr 29, 2017
SE Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took it out yesterday. Oklahoma temp 93, humidity 75%, perfectly miserable!! Perfect day to test the heat shield!
Works perfect!! Finally, a passenger seat that you can sit in and a rear floorboard that doesn't roast your feet!! Went for a two hour trip that included both gravel roads and rock crawling. Used a infra red gun on the that plastic part of the rear seat that finds your butt, it read 94 degrees. Checked out the rear passenger floorboard, it read 104. I can live with that!!

By the way, I've done the heat shield (mine, not Honda's) under the seat, the deflector behind the radiator, a 8" fan with thermostat under the seat, and now this.

Noticed some heat coming from the dash, but I've removed the bottom of the 2 piece windshield for the summer, so it's not a real issue. It'll feel good come November. Also noted some heat, coming between the front seat and front of bed, but that seems a simple fix with a rubber flap.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!