Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a full set of 1000-5 shocks for barter... I always felt like the self levelers worked pretty well... not sure what @joeymt33 is going on about... o_O

Damn, I'm going to have to put them back on and test. Maybe the white one needs these auto leveling shocks....if they work.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't think I could live without any of them at this point... I seriously doubt that @joeymt33 will be able to give up those WE either...
Haha, what're ya letting those stockers go for?

advertisement
J

JTW

I'm going to hold out and go the new fox shock route.. I like the ease of having preset adjustments and the simplicity of using it. They may not be worth a s***.. but @ $850 a pair and 20% off that from my dealer.. I'm just going to have to give it a go.

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My current dissatisfaction with the auto leveling shocks could be because I have been testing these Walker Evans.

It was super easy to crank them up and before I went on the ride. I knew I would have a lot of weight in the back.

While on the ride, it was easy to fine tune the compression by turning the knob. I loved it a lot better vs the previous rides with oem rear shocks.

@ohanacreek, what do you think about the WE shocks after Friday's ride? Specifically the rear shocks?

I know we stared off too soft and then turned them up a couple times when we stopped and it was great.

Fronts were good considering it was 3 up in the front seat. No kidney jarring impacts or hitting bump stops. Nice smooth ride.

Rear seemed soft at first but firmed up some with the adjustments, I think with more evenly distributed rider weight and some setting adjustments, aggressive riding ride quality would be in near sport sxs territory. (Not 1000 turbo super git-it 24" travel, BUT every other sport sxs)

You were driving more aggressively than MOST people would( @scott I'm looking at you) and suspension never bottomed out.

I'll be ordering my 17 shortly and if not factory fox then definitely WE or Elka.

Last edited:
Bam85

Bam85

Feb 7, 2017
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a set of rear self levelers for sale. Just got some WE now. I think I only have about 300 miles on them. $100 and you pay shipping. They're in San Diego.

Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Apr 17, 2017
Clayton, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a set of rear self levelers for sale. Just got some WE now. I think I only have about 300 miles on them. $100 and you pay shipping. They're in San Diego.

Do you still have these?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
well, old Pete was such a good boy this year that Santa brought him some Stage 5 Elkas all the way around... :D
That's what I'm going to order, but had to replace the Cedar siding on our house and repaint house, wish we had a small home. How do you have them set and are you still running the sway bar?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I'm going to order, but had to replace the Cedar siding on our house and repaint house, wish we had a small home. How do you have them set and are you still running the sway bar?
The sway what? Lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!