RECALL - Polaris RZR 1000 Due to Fire Hazard!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wonder if this Polaris (they think it's a Polaris) was on the recall list.

Recent ORV explosion raises questions about vehicle's safety | KSL.com

Good find

Olson’s client was burned on much of his body while the individual was four-wheeling in Idaho. The client racked up $1 million in medical bills.

“They seem to happen in a similar fashion,” Olson said. “Sometimes people will be driving along and they start on fire.”

Olson has found Polaris RZR fires dating back seven or eight years. In April, the company recalled more than 100,000 off-road vehicles from 2013 to 2016. On Monday, Polaris issued a recall on the RZR Turbo.

Olson discovered 160 fires, 19 injuries and one death reported to Polaris related to RZR and Ranger fires.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like an automatic fire suppression unit should should be government mandated.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds like an automatic fire suppression unit should should be government mandated.
Careful what you wish for CPSC doesn't discriminate by mfg. all SxS would have to have them add another 5k to the price.
Or go the way of the three wheelers that were litigated to extinction by greedy lawyer and idiots who had no sense of personal responsibility.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If they don't do a better job on the design side they and the whole industry is going to be government mandated out of existence, even the ones who are doing their due diligence.

Get the media involved to sell a story and some bleeding heart liberals who don't even drive themselves much less offroad will decide we can't be trusted with this equipment "for the children" and the next thing you know we will have bans on everything but electric golf carts and Kubota work vehicles.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very true! The three wheelers were a huge setback for Honda I'm positive that's why we have all the motor restrictions labels and nets now.

Sent from iPhone

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Careful what you wish for CPSC doesn't discriminate by mfg. all SxS would have to have them add another 5k to the price.
Or go the way of the three wheelers that were litigated to extinction by greedy lawyer and idiots who had no sense of personal responsibility.

Exactly!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess the part that really bothers me more then anything is the fact they continued to keep building the same thing after years of knowledge. It's ok to make a mistake but to pretend it doesn't exist when people are getting hurt is inexcusable

Sent from iPhone

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
48c92e20d220dc857a98dfa0867c4602

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hold up though...at least with Polaris you now can get an a/c cooled cab so you don't notice the flames as soon.

Sent from iPhone

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is absolutely ridiculous. People just want to join the cool crowd and tell everyone else that they own a RZR. They overlook all of the constant problems. It's almost like Polaris wants to sell service, that's where they make all their money.

7e37f723a4d2d73a2d622fb53f86e85e

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Maybe they could rename the whole line from RZR to PERSID. then as they blaze across the desert it would look like a meteor shower. :p

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wouldn't it be funny to own a rzr and put flame graphics on it? I'd so do it most wouldn't get the inside joke

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is absolutely ridiculous. People just want to join the cool crowd and tell everyone else that they own a RZR. They overlook all of the constant problems. It's almost like Polaris wants to sell service, that's where they make all their money.

View attachment 19151

I actually considered a Ranger FIRST when I was looking for a SXS. But after 6 months of riding in neighbors, friends, co-workers various machines.

I decided on the Pioneer, and never looked back.
It was about general all around capability and dependability, not widgets and shiny baubles.

Meanwhile some of those have migrated to Honda, some have continued to adamantly laid themselves bare at the burning shrine of Polaris.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!