BOX1

Recommendations for a Minimum Set of Firearms...

T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I admit I'm fairly fond of stainless steel, but do I have blued ones as well. And even though the venerable 1911 doesn't even get an Honorable Mention in my original post, trust me, I do have one or two lying around somewhere...

View attachment 229008View attachment 229010View attachment 229011

Why so many of the same gun? I’m jealous. I love 1911s, I just can’t justify buying one right now. Much less buying 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

i can't remember the last time i fired my 1911.my stainless s&w 629 goes with me every time i go shooting.gotta say,it's not cheap to fire off a box of shells.even the cheapest ones run me at least $60.and i can't stop till the box is empty.(twss)

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
My personal favorites that I have starting with Rimfire is CZ455 precision Bolt Trainer along with CZ512 semi-auto.
As far as the shotgun goes I have a Remington 870 Tactical 12ga.
Stepping up to my .308 Centerfire Ruger RPR range gun Tack Driver.
My personal carry is a Ruger LCS 9mm. and A Taurus PT92 during the colder temps in a shoulder harness.
And of course My S&W AR15 with a few additions.

Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
My personal favorites that I have starting with Rimfire is CZ455 precision Bolt Trainer along with CZ512 semi-auto.
As far as the shotgun goes I have a Remington 870 Tactical 12ga.
Stepping up to my .308 Centerfire Ruger RPR range gun Tack Driver.
My personal carry is a Ruger LCS 9mm. and A Taurus PT92 during the colder temps in a shoulder harness.
And of course My S&W AR15 with a few additions.
I own a S/S Ruger 22/45, an SKS with a 75 rd drum. 2 M77 skeleton stock Rugers, one is 22mag. The other is a 300 win mag.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
These lists remind me of when some so called possible terrorist is caught in the People's Republics of California, New Jersey or like place for having too many firearms and ammo and they list all the contents of the vast confiscated arsenal. Folks like me look at it and think, " Arsenal" ???? I got more than that in my truck.

R

rickoshea

I shot a 1911 for the first time today and I think I need one.

My current favorite shooting gun is my Keltec CP33. It's hard to beat +30 rounds for fun but it's super light and fun.
if you think you need a 1911,do not go near a .44 magnum.i tried one and had to have one and it costs me a fortune to shoot,but man,is it ever worth it.my buddy tried mine and had to have one as well.he copied me and swapped out the rubber stocks for some nice wood ones.they are infinitely more comfortable to shoot with wood ones.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
If you ever want to live a little, shoot an S&W 500 with the short barrel and full bore loads. It's pretty much like catching a baseball bat swung at full tilt in your bare hands, but holy s*** is it a riot. We've had the same box of 50 rounds since my dad bought the gun 4-5 years ago. I think there are still 20 or so rounds left...

I also enjoy loading a .45LC into the .460 for the first round when someone new wants to shoot it and the rest hotrod .460 loads 🤫. They rip that first shot off and think it's nothing, then the next trigger pull.... surprise!! Haha

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I shot a 1911 for the first time today and I think I need one.

My current favorite shooting gun is my Keltec CP33. It's hard to beat +30 rounds for fun but it's super light and fun.
We have a gay governor so we aren't allowed more than 10 round magazines but my large capacity magazines are grand fathered and the others were lost in a tragic boating accident.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We have a gay governor so we aren't allowed more than 10 round magazines but my large capacity magazines are grand fathered and the others were lost in a tragic boating accident.
Does that count one in the go slot?

Reactions: TimG and Mudwing
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It should be noted that an accurate .22 rifle is a very useful weapon. It will kill a lot of animals and humans just the same. Probably not the best option in close quarters but if you are sniping from a distance a good head or heart shot will do the trick. Plus.... say you are carrying 20lbs of ammo. You'll have a lot more rounds with a 22 than anything else.

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I have most boxes checked I guess, the ones on my list anyway. And please, these are opinions and mine is no better than yours.

1. A .22 rifle is probably the most important gun anyone can own IMO. I prefer levers but I do have a 10/22. But any good .22 really, and 5,000 rounds of quality ammo and that would serve about 90% of any persons "needs" as well as anything.

2. A Glock 19. I have several 9mm handguns, just me talking out my hat here, but if you make a list of all important aspects of a combat pistol it's just really hard to beat all around. Any reliable semi-auto could fill this slot, the G19 is my choice.

3. A 12 gauge shotgun. Honestly probably the Remington model 870. I have an 1100, but for self defense and hunting I think the 870 would be my choice.

4. An AR-15. You could substitute other semi-auto combat guns, but why?

5. A bolt-action centerfire. Really tough to beat the .308 in this regard IMO. I have a half-dozen calibers, but the .308 is the best all around hunting cartridge in the lower 48.

The second 5 become must haves for everyone that has the first five covered. :)

6. A 1911 pistol in .45 ACP - Your first should be a Colt. :p

7. A Colt or a S&W pre-lock magnum revolver.

8. A centerfire lever action rifle.

9. M1A

10. Another 1911. :D

R

rickoshea

a pre lock revolver in Canada be it s&w or colt,would cost as much as that whole list combined 🤣

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!