P1000m3 Reverse lights mounting options?

Coon

Coon

Jul 1, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where is everyone mounting their reverse lights? When the bed dumps the options are very limited. I'm thinking on the top bolts that hold the plastic cover on the muffler. Surely it doesn't get too hot there since its plastic. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

This install I mounted into the roof and in the lower box. It's very well lit and totally out of the way
Last time it was directly to the ROPS

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like how your lighting is recessed. I have more than wants backed into a tree and damage my light brackets.

So, @Coon you should take a close look at CP's idea for lighting. Unless you're just ready to have lights now and don't want to do it the good way like me. I may change my set up to copy what he is done one day.

Reactions: Coon and DGann
Coon

Coon

Jul 1, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With mine being the 3 seater not too sure this would be as good of an option it is with the 5 seater.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With mine being the 3 seater not too sure this would be as good of an option it is with the 5 seater.

I took off my nets on my p1k3, and put some cube lights where the net threads were. All I did was mount the brackets for the lights with the old bolt that was holding the nets on. It was simple and effective. I'll try to get some pics to show you in a few.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Coon
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry about the double pics I don't know what happened

Coon

Coon

Jul 1, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like that but I have the hard rear panel so that's not an option.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like that but I have the hard rear panel so that's not an option.

We'll dang, sorry I couldn't be more of a help. By the way those skull mounts that you make are cool.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Coon, if you have a rear bumper I would reccomend mounting your lights directly to the bumper. You can play with the location for a dual cube set up. I haven't seen it done, but to me with the lack of rear ROPS cage your options are limited, as you know.

Coon

Coon

Jul 1, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Coon, if you have a rear bumper I would reccomend mounting your lights directly to the bumper. You can play with the location for a dual cube set up. I haven't seen it done, but to me with the lack of rear ROPS cage your options are limited, as you know.
Don't have a rear bumper yet.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look up eagle eyes led on Amazon. I'm going to order a set they are 6500k white xenon. I believe they will be super simple to install and hook to a reverse trigger. I tried to link them but can't figure out how to do it from my phone.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like how your lighting is recessed. I have more than wants backed into a tree and damage my light brackets.

So, @Coon you should take a close look at CP's idea for lighting. Unless you're just ready to have lights now and don't want to do it the good way like me. I may change my set up to copy what he is done one day.
Thank you very much Joey! But this install isn't bad at all. That's why we changed from just the ROPS plus I wanted just a tad more light further out and this is a pretty good combo with the lower floods. We have light up to the back and about 15-20 yards out of very even light. After the holes are made the mounting brackets that came with the lights were usable it was about an hour to mount both sets and run wires to a good point. Everything was thoughtout for placement and ease we didn't have the 3 weeks the last one took.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't have a rear bumper yet.

Especially with the three seater I'd consider these. They will mount flat and come with roll bar mount. They are VERY easy to mount and won't get in the way. They are solid aircraft aluminum with a very thick glass cover so they will take ANY abuse and the lens will never get scratched by mud. You could very easily mount to your muffler cover but stuff in that area gets dirty quickly. These shine at 90 degrees and are as bright as the cubes because even being 15 watts it's three 5watt however it's spread more so not as intense. Last time I just used 4 of these and you wouldn't believe the light. These would give maximum mounting options. The 3 has less mounting options then the 5 but I'd suggest two under taillights,one muffler cover and somethings up high in the roof or on the roof so your hard panel can mount. If you're keeping your hard panel on at all times then simply mount two more of these up on the back but I'd still mount a couple in back. Then hook all to reverse switch and rocker switch you'll be happy it's nice to back up and not miss anything

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!