BOX1

P1000m3 Reverse lights mounting options?

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like that but I have the hard rear panel so that's not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mounted mine using the same bolts that mount the hard roof to the roll cage in back. I used Auxbeam cube lights and just elongated the hole in the bracket that came with the lights with a dremel tool so I could use the 2 screws that hold the roof on hold the light on also. They are below the top of the roof line and provide light to back up even when the bed is up. Very solid mount also, no vibration issues. I believe if you tried mounting them to just the plastic roof they would vibrate too much.
20160722 201420
20160722 201434
20160722 201455

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mounted mine using the same bolts that mount the hard roof to the roll cage in back. I used Auxbeam cube lights and just elongated the hole in the bracket that came with the lights with a dremel tool so I could use the 2 screws that hold the roof on hold the light on also. They are below the top of the roof line and provide light to back up even when the bed is up. Very solid mount also, no vibration issues. I believe if you tried mounting them to just the plastic roof they would vibrate too much.View attachment 18813 View attachment 18815 View attachment 18816

I like that a lot!

Reactions: DGann
CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where is everyone mounting their reverse lights? When the bed dumps the options are very limited. I'm thinking on the top bolts that hold the plastic cover on the muffler. Surely it doesn't get too hot there since its plastic. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the two front outside factory roof brackets that I remove to mount small 4 inch wakeboard speakers I used them to mount lights makes a handy way to loosen and aim them

IMG 20160801 122437879

J

Jshell3

View attachment 18676 View attachment 18676
Especially with the three seater I'd consider these. They will mount flat and come with roll bar mount. They are VERY easy to mount and won't get in the way. They are solid aircraft aluminum with a very thick glass cover so they will take ANY abuse and the lens will never get scratched by mud. You could very easily mount to your muffler cover but stuff in that area gets dirty quickly. These shine at 90 degrees and are as bright as the cubes because even being 15 watts it's three 5watt however it's spread more so not as intense. Last time I just used 4 of these and you wouldn't believe the light. These would give maximum mounting options. The 3 has less mounting options then the 5 but I'd suggest two under taillights,one muffler cover and somethings up high in the roof or on the roof so your hard panel can mount. If you're keeping your hard panel on at all times then simply mount two more of these up on the back but I'd still mount a couple in back. Then hook all to reverse switch and rocker switch you'll be happy it's nice to back up and not miss anything
I bought these. As CP said... these are built better than expected.

Looks pretty indestructible. Solid and sealed.

Lots of options on mounting locations.
(I'll take a picture soon).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed mine this week too. What a pain.
If you just want it to come on every time it is in reverse, day or night... Thats easy.
But if you want to control it on your switch panel with a automatic option.... OMG. PITA for sure.
e6b1d29602a61cd5179849aa5054592a.jpg
c0dd79a495983f236fc975fbe08a90ed.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!