P1000 Review: Denali Plow with Hydro-Turn

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Denali Plow with Hydro-Turn

I just finished the installation of my 72" Denali standard UTV steel plow with the hydro-turn, plow markers, rubber top flap and pulley fairlead kit from Motoalliance. $1,350 delivered.

Before the pulley fairlead kit:
C5AF69B9 C333 430E BD6C B7B66D545C84

It came in 5 boxes that some were beat up from delivery but none of the product was damaged or scratched inside. Assembly was very straight forward. Have two sets of 11mm, 14mm, 17mm 19mm and 24mm socket/box end wrench/adjustable wrenches available. The mount attaches nicely to the bottom of the frame with 4 bolts and two bolts at the bottom of the bumper. The only negative here is you are losing about an inch or two of clearance from the two push tube mounting points. A direct hit with a large rock would likely do a number to it. For the summer months it would probably take 15 minutes to take it off and put it back on.

C65C64AC 9593 424F AF2B 2E1B19F70F83
E907EFD1 9D9E 4B1D 90BD 6EF6B7B505C4

It probably took me 2 hours to get the plow assembled and mounted up. This includes the scraper blade, markers and rubber flap.

4CAE17C4 1743 4AE8 ADF3 262D502CB657

At first I didn't get the pulley fairlead kit but now I could see it makes a difference on the lifting angles and the 2:1 purchase along with not constantly rubbing against the hawse fairlead, so I ordered that and installed it. That comes with a shorter 4-5 foot synthetic line so you only wrap around the winch drum once. You have to reuse your own clevis hook.

AE778C03 7F82 4F5A 8C3B EE11DC897EB0

The hydro-turn was on backorder and just came in. Again a very easy straightforward install, I thought everything was very well designed and heavily built. Welds looked great. The bad news is the switch to turn it left/right was defective. It would only turn in one direction. I pulled the switch and confirmed it with a multimeter. I don't blame Motoalliance, they offered to replace it, but I just ordered another one off eBay to be delivered in 2 days because the snow was coming.

71E261B1 260B 45FA AE97 19C38B37DF16

I really love the hydro-turn because I had no desire to get in and out of the cab each time I had to change directions. I seriously considered a Boss V-Blade but the price and weight had me turn to this solution. We are suppose to get 5-10" of wet snow tonight so I'll report back how the set up works!

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great review @OnTheJob.

This kit retails for around $1500.

HondaSxS.com just became a dealer for Motoalliance. If anyone is interested in a deal like OnTheJob got above please hit me up.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn't look like you have enough tension on your trip springs.
When I sold Western plows, we would tension them enough that the installation paperwork would slip between the coils.
If yours tends to trip, try tightening them up a bit.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It doesn't look like you have enough tension on your trip springs.
When I sold Western plows, we would tension them enough that the installation paperwork would slip between the coils.
If yours tends to trip, try tightening them up a bit.

Thanks for advise. I only tripped it once digging up some lawn. I’ll get the hang of it

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Great review @OnTheJob.

This kit retails for around $1500. HondaSxS.com just became a dealer for Motoalliance. If any one is interested in this deal let me know.

:eek:Looks like you’re $150 above what @OnTheJob paid...What am I missing hereo_O

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Your looking at MSRP pricing. If your interested. Shoot me a message.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
My bad!! Is it too soon to blame this on my old age, lol:confused:

N

nick253

May 14, 2017
Weiser, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great review @OnTheJob.

This kit retails for around $1500. HondaSxS.com just became a dealer for Motoalliance. If any one is interested in this deal let me know.
I am interested. Any compatibility issues with my Trail Armour skids or Tough Country bumper with Viper Elite winch?
Thank-you.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am interested. Any compatibility issues with my Trail Armour skids or Tough Country bumper with Viper Elite winch?
Thank-you.
Your front section of trail armor skid will probably need to be removed.
I am running a tusk mount on my machine. The skids completely cover all the mounting holes. I removed my mount for the riding season to reduce being hung up and damaging it.
I don't plan on riding much this offseason, but if by chance I do. I will spend the hour to swap the mount for the front skid.

N

nick253

May 14, 2017
Weiser, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your front section of trail armor skid will probably need to be removed.
I am running a tusk mount on my machine. The skids completely cover all the mounting holes. I removed my mount for the riding season to reduce being hung up and damaging it.
I don't plan on riding much this offseason, but if by chance I do. I will spend the hour to swap the mount for the front skid.
Thanks for the response. I currently have an old Yamaha Rhino that I use to plow, and the first year left the mount on until I noticed the damage from rocks. So definitely would remove mount during the summer riding season. by the time I mount my plow, most riding is pretty much confined to the road, so that will not be an issue. I notice the TC bumper puts the winch forward a few inches. Think that will cause any issue with lifting the plow?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the response. I currently have an old Yamaha Rhino that I use to plow, and the first year left the mount on until I noticed the damage from rocks. So definitely would remove mount during the summer riding season. by the time I mount my plow, most riding is pretty much confined to the road, so that will not be an issue. I notice the TC bumper puts the winch forward a few inches. Think that will cause any issue with lifting the plow?
I am not familiar enough with your bumper to have any authority on your question. But I really doubt the winch location will be much of a difference.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does the pioneer handle the weight of the plow?
It handles it like a boss! I bought the 72" blade from motoalliance and love it! Its wide enough to cut your tracks out when angled. It squats the front of the machine some. About like a 4wheeler with 48" blade but to to terrible and helps having p.s. this is the perfect size and setup! Heavy enough to move deep piled up snow even of its frozen! Yet small nimble enough to get into tight spots and fast enough to get the job done!

Reactions: Mudwing
DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It handles it like a boss! I bought the 72" blade from motoalliance and love it! Its wide enough to cut your tracks out when angled. It squats the front of the machine some. About like a 4wheeler with 48" blade but to to terrible and helps having p.s. this is the perfect size and setup! Heavy enough to move deep piled up snow even of its frozen! Yet small nimble enough to get into tight spots and fast enough to get the job done!

Thank you for the response. It's on order.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!