Ride report for the day.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
drove a good long while today almost 80 miles. major complaint thus far, the throttle sensitivity needs to be cut in half when in low range. lots of the roads i go i average 10-15 mph. over rocks, and each rock pushes machine and the go peddle, so it's not easy to make a smooth ride out of it. i struggled with this most of the day. even bracing my leg and knee against the center frame work didn't make it a whole lot better. The can-am has an ECO mode, the honda needs something similar.

ground clearance is awesome, so much better than the commander. And i really like the seats.

slow rock crawling is easy no worry of burning a belt, clutch actuation is nice and smooth and predictable. i liked it. just don't come off a rock and goose the gas, then the machine lurches forward!.

All in all was a great time today, ended up headed out to a desert spot and found a small water berm and jumped a few times. only a few feet,
speed limited to 74, when you hit 75 it fuel cuts to slow you, so you bounce between 74-75.

next trip out will be with out a rear sway bar. see how it does in the rocks then.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
drove a good long while today almost 80 miles. major complaint thus far, the throttle sensitivity needs to be cut in half when in low range. lots of the roads i go i average 10-15 mph. over rocks, and each rock pushes machine and the go peddle, so it's not easy to make a smooth ride out of it. i struggled with this most of the day. even bracing my leg and knee against the center frame work didn't make it a whole lot better. The can-am has an ECO mode, the honda needs something similar.

ground clearance is awesome, so much better than the commander. And i really like the seats.

slow rock crawling is easy no worry of burning a belt, clutch actuation is nice and smooth and predictable. i liked it. just don't come off a rock and goose the gas, then the machine lurches forward!.

All in all was a great time today, ended up headed out to a desert spot and found a small water berm and jumped a few times. only a few feet,
speed limited to 74, when you hit 75 it fuel cuts to slow you, so you bounce between 74-75.

next trip out will be with out a rear sway bar. see how it does in the rocks then.
74-75?
I'm assuming you have a Talon?

Reactions: sharp
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This post being in the talon sub forum is what tipped me off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL...opps. I always use the recent posts link and look for the banners.

That's one Talon in AZ for sure. Keep waiting to see the 1st out on the trail.

Reactions: nbomar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!