Ridgid Pro Gear Modular Boxes

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Didn't see much about them, obviously not as popular as Milwaukee nor as big of a selection, but there are a few sizes plus a cooler. All my tools are red but my Talon is orange so it looks better šŸ˜. Gotta draw up a cad file and fire up the plasma table for a mounting base.

Thoughts/suggestions?

20230321 162438
20230321 162921

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Youā€™re gonna need a bigger box. šŸ˜›

I know you want it to be orange but hereā€™s @TerryH ā€˜s video on the Tractor Supply box many of us are using. Mine is stuffed full btw. TSC has figured out ā€˜weā€™ want their storage box so the price has risen dramatically + covid supply issues. Maybe itā€™s no longer the great deal it once was. šŸ˜¢ Terry posted several of his Talon How To videos in the New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check thread, linked in my sig for the curious. (And a stickie in the General Talon 1000 Discusion forum)

Last edited:

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Youā€™re gonna need a bigger box. šŸ˜›

I know you want it to be orange but hereā€™s @TerryH ā€˜s video on the Tractor Supply box many of us are using. Mine is stuffed full btw. TSC has figured out ā€˜weā€™ want their storage box so the price has risen dramatically + covid supply issues. Maybe itā€™s no longer the great deal it once was. šŸ˜¢ Terry posted several of his Talon How To videos in the New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check thread, linked in my sig for the curious. (And a stickie in the General Talon 1000 Discusion forum)

Yea I read up on that, I do like how these are stackable and have a cooler. Plus I have a plasma table and tig welder that I've been dying to put to usešŸ˜…

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
They have a bigger one but they didn't have any at the storešŸ™„.

Width is the same so I was thinking I could integrate something on the sides.
Storage is a premium on my 2 seat Talon, it will be more so with extra people (duh :rolleyes:). Anxiously waiting for some CAD cut pieces and TIG weldinā€™. šŸ˜

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Didn't see much about them, obviously not as popular as Milwaukee nor as big of a selection, but there are a few sizes plus a cooler. All my tools are red but my Talon is orange so it looks better šŸ˜. Gotta draw up a cad file and fire up the plasma table for a mounting base.

Thoughts/suggestions?

View attachment 379871View attachment 379872
Looks good. All about doing what u got to do.Your welds are very nice too!
7CCEC950 2B80 4FB7 9163 55A8B3EFDD1F
80DC209C D606 499F 8A01 70E6A61699D9
My Talon is Orange but Iike my red MPOā€™s theyā€™re more versatile for me because I also use them in my service truck for work. I can also switch them to my P1K5 when I need to. The type of boxes have changed 20 times already also lol.
Did the tote/one large box thing for a long time and got tired of stuff being all over inside after riding on trail all day.

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
View attachment 379888View attachment 379889My Talon is Orange but Iike my red MPOā€™s theyā€™re more versatile for me because I also use them in my service truck for work. I can also switch them to my P1K5 when I need to. The type of boxes have changed 20 times already also lol.
Did the tote/one large box thing for a long time and got tired of stuff being all over inside after riding on trail all day.
Yea packouts are sweet. Building my house gave me an excuse to basically buy whatever tools I "needed". I've built the whole house with M18 tools, the framing nailer and "worm drive" saw have put in some serious work!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea packouts are sweet. Building my house gave me an excuse to basically buy whatever tools I "needed". I've built the whole house with M18 tools, the framing nailer and "worm drive" saw have put in some serious work!
Yup, they are real nice. Remodled my cabin and things at home with them. There also a big part of my job as a tradesmen

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
View attachment 379888View attachment 379889My Talon is Orange but Iike my red MPOā€™s theyā€™re more versatile for me because I also use them in my service truck for work. I can also switch them to my P1K5 when I need to. The type of boxes have changed 20 times already also lol.
u have more in storage than I have into my machine - lol

for the record I have a bunch of Dewalt soft tool bags I throw in the tote - I hear ya, that tote can get awfully deep

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
u have more in storage than I have into my machine - lol

for the record I have a bunch of Dewalt soft tool bags I throw in the tote - I hear ya, that tote can get awfully deep
Those bags are tuff as nails

Reactions: Smitty335
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Ridgid boxes used to be what everyone ran before the packouts. I like the Ridgid boxes better and are cheaper but the convenience of the packouts attachment system canā€™t be beat.
I ran them on my P500 and Talon but recently switched to the packouts on my talon.

D3759600 5DCB 4D3D AECB FAAC39AA08E2

7FF92DBF 3190 44B0 8E29 404A0F884ABA

0F63CD81 BBBB 48BB B984 33AF2D113F88

Last edited:
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!