2022 gear ratio update info?

B

Bzeitler

Aug 18, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon X4
So to be clear has anyone had time on installing the pioneer 1000 high gears in the subtrans for a slight reduction? Did it cause any future issues and was it enough to be noticeable? Thanks

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
On paper it is worth about two tire sizes
So if you are running 32' your Talon will perform like it's running 30 inch tires.
My Tuned Talon on 32 inch tires ate a stock YXZ right off the line so bad I almost felt bad for him.

Would I pull a perfectly good sub trans for this mod no, but if you are running bigger tires and have it out for repairs anyway I would most definitely do it!!!

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
On paper it is worth about two tire sizes
So if you are running 32' your Talon will perform like it's running 30 inch tires.
My Tuned Talon on 32 inch tires ate a stock YXZ right off the line so bad I almost felt bad for him.

Would I pull a perfectly good sub trans for this mod no, but if you are running bigger tires and have it out for repairs anyway I would most definitely do it!!!
hi - thats awesome

you have any videos of this smackdown VOIDH!!!!

Reactions: Smitty335
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
hi - thats awesome

you have any videos of this smackdown VOIDH!!!!
Then it didn't happen 🤣
Because I don't have any video proof.
You will have to ask RSX3 because it was his YXZ

• Haha
Reactions: Stilly1155
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I put the Pioneer gears in my sub-trans for racing purposes. My thought was: It can't not help with acceleration it's a lower gear ratio. I also bought the Pioneer 6th gear set but never installed those because I'm not hitting the 10,500rpm limiter in 6th now so I don't need it to be any taller.

Reactions: scottkooch
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
The Pioneer 6th gear is awesome for trail riding in low range.
But it does eat some power from a already under powered N/A machine but I rarely do top speed runs so for me it's worth the trade off.
Because of the fact it's requires a complete disassembly I would never, never, never do it unless the engine was already apart then I would definitely give some real consideration.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!